GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AHHHHHHH. I'm pissed. Someone hit and run my car

Default AHHHHHHH. I'm pissed. Someone hit and run my car

I"m so mad right now. I was all getting ready for bimmerfest this weekend. Just put on my ACS bumper yesterday. I got home from work today and parked in front of my garage in my townhouse. I went up for literally 10 minutes to change and come down to wash my car. And what did i see to my horror someone had dented or backed into my front passenger door. I don't want to drive my car at all now until it gets fixed. And I jsut got paid at work today. So there goes my paycheck. So now i'm not going to Bimmerfest and will be blowing my money on fixing the dent. Stupid freaking hit and run ppl. Man i hate LA drivers.

Ahh man.... that does suck....

sorry........
    Former: 95-530iM

Current: 99 GMC Seirra 1500

Don't you have insurance? Surely you know your neighbors well enough to know who to take to Judge Judy?

Default hit and run

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    Don't you have insurance? Surely you know your neighbors well enough to know who to take to Judge Judy?
    Im gonna have to pay this one out of my pocket. I dn't know the neighbors well enough theres like 100 condo in mycomplex I know my the ppl in my row. I think it was a visitor. "m gonna ask around. But i'm sure now one will fess up to it. Someone hit and run my gf car las month and a bystander got the License. The police won't do ****. They said that if the guy leaves the seen they are free and can' just deny if it you track them down and thats the end of it.

I find that really hard to believe. A complete insurance policy will cover underinsured/non-insured motorists who hit your car, so I would be amazed if it won't cover this. Perhaps they require a police report.

Now, if the car only has liability...or some uh...less-than-honorable insurance company is covering it, then I'm not surprised.

Sorry, though....it sucks any way you shake a stick at it.

best, whit

Default insurance? coverage

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    I find that really hard to believe. A complete insurance policy will cover underinsured/non-insured motorists who hit your car, so I would be amazed if it won't cover this. Perhaps they require a police report.

Now, if the car only has liability...or some uh...less-than-honorable insurance company is covering it, then I'm not surprised.

Sorry, though....it sucks any way you shake a stick at it.

best, whit
    So unisured motorist will cover this? i have liability only but I purchased uninsured motorist coverage also. is this worth going to the insurance. I think damage is like $500. Does tha sound resonable for a 2 ft x 2 ft dent on passenger door. paint isn't too bad. Just really need to pull dent out. My black trim absorbed some of the damage. Will my insurance rate go up much if I claim it?

Take a picture of that sucka and post it up on the board...it might be something you can pull with a pops-a-dent or something similar...then just touch up the paint.

Yeah, not having comprehensive is going to limit the insurance co's liability to fix that.

best, whit

Default insurance coverage depends on the state......

i got hit in a hit & run then found out that it is only covered with collision in pennsylvania. now i have full coverage on all my cars.
    tim s.

comprehensive should cover it, homeowners covered a friends car that was hit in front of my old house once too.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Almost same thing happened to me last week (Some kids were playing ball around the block); on Saturday I'm getting my car back from body shop. Around here you have to have full insurance to cover hit&runs. Police, don't count on them. My brothers buddy from college had his car stolen with all the belongings inside (cell phone, books, and whatever you keep in the car.) The thief used the cell phone to call his girlfriend, He even tracked the number down, gave it to the cops, and what our precious law enforcement did? They did sh*&$!! Never found the car or the car thief.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast