GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Low beam warning fix

Default Low beam warning fix

I installed an 8500K HID system on my car a yr ago and all works perfectly except for that "low beam warning" check...What I did to fix that is what is generally recommended by most of you guys.....there's that site with an M5, that relay diagram. I tried that and it didn't work....Yes I triple checked and checked and blew many many fuses and spent hrs to no avail. I just bought a "load resistor" kit to maybe simulate a load. The resistor is meant for LED lights (tail/brake etc) but I thought this could work for the headlights...all 12V I guess right? Well, I can wire things up OK, but I am not a genius on electronics theory....the resistor says 50watts, 6ohms, 10% and guess what? It DOSEN'T cure the warning message either! SO what type of resistor should I get? Or is there an alternate method?? This has been bugging me for 1 yr now....urrgh! Thanks in advance.

King Of NYC

Luckily, my kit didn't need a separate resistance circuit. In lieu of a relay, I was just going to splice in "daytime running lights". I would believe that is the simpliest way.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

I am struggling with this now as well. I have been trying several different resistors to no avail.

any ideas out there other than wiring a bulb under the hood in the circuit? - JT
    Johntee540
    1994 540/6 Black - Tan - 199k
    Cardomain Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737181/1

Guys... Someone asked me to make those relay kit that solves these problems... if you want a set too let me know... I take paypal and can make a whole batch for you guys...

tiger that was me that asked! Hook me up. give me the PAYPAl Address and send them on! - JT
    Johntee540
    1994 540/6 Black - Tan - 199k
    Cardomain Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737181/1

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Guys... Someone asked me to make those relay kit that solves these problems... if you want a set too let me know... I take paypal and can make a whole batch for you guys...
    I believe I asked too a long while back But fortunately my kit didn't need them. Likewise... probably easier to wire up a bulb to the circuit and be over with it. Just my two cents.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Yeah Tiger, let me know how much you're asking, I'm interested.

King Of NYC

I have eyes and was going to wire them with the headlights.....But then the eyes would work ONLY with the headlights. I prefer to have them on with the parking lights though since it looks good at dusk with just the foglights/eyes turned on. My other option would be to install some type of parking light into the headlight like the euro ellipsoids, but I'd rather not drill into the headlight reflector.

King Of NYC