GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F/fog

Default F/fog

I have this code on the dash, had it forever, its says something like F/Foglight

Heres what i think is up, The previous owner, switched the front side marker connector with the foglight connector, i noticed the sidemarker connecter was a 90degree angled one, which would seem fitting on a fog. Could this be it?
    Whenever the lights are on citylights or "night" lights, the fogs are always on.

I would really like to use my dash the way it was intended, reading stuff off of the computer, not looking at the error.
    Thanks
    M

Screwed up LKM or simply a bad bulb. Perhaps a case of nasty connectors in need of conditioning. The fog lights do work, yes?

best, whit

That also shows up on my dash but my fogs still work.

I just hate ANY damn messages on the dash...right along with the gong of death.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

The fogs both work, however they are not controlled by the foglight switch, they come on with the main lights.
    what is a LKM?

Default they come on

with the fog switch off? I mean the switch makes no change when the headlights are on?

Quote Originally Posted by mzarifkar
    The fogs both work, however they are not controlled by the foglight switch, they come on with the main lights.
    what is a LKM?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

LKM is the lamp control module. Sounds like someone rewired your lights when in fact the LKM just started to go south. Never let a redneck mechanic touch one of these cars. I could rattle your ear off with horror stories. Don't even get me started on dealer techs. Hard to say though, on a '95.

Was the car previously owned by a boy racer? That'd explain everything

Now, on the original post: the fog lamp harness has right angle connectors. Marker lights are straight plugs.

Read bmwe34.net on the LKM.

best, whit

I have the same problem. The two fog lights come on BUT My dash shows the Licence plate light and Fog light problems. I have changed the lic plate light bulb but still the right one does not work?. Any clues please?

Thanks guys!

ukm5 Guest

if the wires dont go to where they are supposed to, ie your previous owner rewired it then how do you expect the computer to keep up with where it is and how to check it, you answered your own question, fix the wiring back to spec and start from there

ask a silly question....

What's your problem???

Every response you post comes across as "Holier-Than-Thou" and makes you sound like a huge jerk. This is a place for ALL of us to ask questions. (there are NO silly questions).
    Did you ever stop to consider that mzarifkar might be new to fixing his(or her) own vehicle and has no idea what the lighting harness should look like? One of the awesome qualities about the members of bimmer.info is the patience they have with newer members that are just experiencing the joys and sorrows of owning an e34 for the first time.
    -ashley

'92 525iA / 179k miles / Born 3.92 / ABS / No ASC / stock / North Carolina

Paper Gaskets Suck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast