GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: considering a talon TSI purchas. hear me out now!

Default considering a talon TSI purchas. hear me out now!

so, i need to get some better gas mileage, and i was looking for somthing like a e30 318is, but cant find anything of the sort in the area, i searched autotrader, going through all the car brands looking for somthing i may like, and i came acrossed a vintage 1991 talon TSI, now the reasons this car is good, before you yell at me. first it it meets my gas concerns, having only a 2.0 L, but at the same time its a DOHC turbo engine, making 210 hp stock, and is easily modded. also it is AWD, which will come in handy in the winter months of michigan, not to mention all wheel drive is awsome in all weather. let me know what ya think, i feel this could be a good purchas as a second car, that is unless someone on the sight has a cherry e30 318is for like 2 grang, thanks for the input

kyle

It sounds fun to drive and economic (actually I'm not too sure about that) as a second car, but if you catch the rice virus??

you could rally race on the weekends also...tsi s are great on backroad circuits
    [COLOR=Blue]95 540i/a schwarz with wheels and tint garaged in OR SOLD
    98 volvoXC three kid seats...makes it go faster

[COLOR="Purple"]95 520i/5sp 130k km Executive. no sunroof

Those are fun cars. On a budget and as a 2nd car for winter it's a decent choice.

The Talon TSi is a great car, but the Celica All-Trac is a better car, if you can find one. Also AWD and 200bhp, but better built and better sorted. Carlos Sainz thinks so

i loove that your all on my side for once

Quote Originally Posted by kyleN20
    so, i need to get some better gas mileage, and i was looking for somthing like a e30 318is, but cant find anything of the sort in the area, i searched autotrader, going through all the car brands looking for somthing i may like, and i came acrossed a vintage 1991 talon TSI, now the reasons this car is good, before you yell at me. first it it meets my gas concerns, having only a 2.0 L, but at the same time its a DOHC turbo engine, making 210 hp stock, and is easily modded. also it is AWD, which will come in handy in the winter months of michigan, not to mention all wheel drive is awsome in all weather. let me know what ya think, i feel this could be a good purchas as a second car, that is unless someone on the sight has a cherry e30 318is for like 2 grang, thanks for the input

kyle
    I had a '92 TSi. turbo-5speed-awd. Great ride. Don't count on milage to be any better than 24mpg. Plus, with the turbo you will need premium gas (89 octane min). Beware the 2nd gear synchro if it's a 5-speed. Likely be worn. Get some synchroshift to replace the manual trans. fluid.

Let me know if you have specific questions. I had mine as a daily driver until I changed to an SCCA Rally car.

uberhahn
    '94 530i 5-speed. The work begins...

thanks, 24 mpg is better then 15-17

My first car was a 1990 TSI AWD (Black/Grey). A great car, fast and flew through the snow. If it's in good condition and clean - go for it.

I don't want to be the only one to mention this, but I have seen a lot of the turbo models puffing out blue smoke... something to watch out for!
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast