GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Wheel Finish question???

Default Wheel Finish question???

Hi Guys,
    I'm looking for a set of M Parrallel wheels for my E38. I found one set that has clearcoat on it. He (eBay member) claims that they are factory rims. I didn't think that BMW ever used clearcoat on any of their rims. I'm wondering if these have been refurbed because I sent a BBS rim away for repair one time and it came back painted and clearcoated, I was expecting it to look like the other three. It was 95% close in color but it was also clearcoated unlike my other three RS's.

thanks,
    Rommel

90 535i 5spd 370K Miles
    00 740iL 63K Miles

P.S.
    My buddy just picked up a 95 540iA, 160K Miles, Alusil block installed 10K ago, He paid 5G's, Exterior and interior in excellent shape. Runs and idles smooth. Seller looking for a new M3 and just wanted to unload. I would have picked it up myself had I not gotten the E38 a month ago but I would have had to convert it to the narrow grill. .

From what I have been researching recently, yes, certain BMW factory wheels are clear coated. Such as the Style 5's. I came across a miracle when a set was dropped into my lap for $250. View the link for more information regarding clearcoat on the wheels:

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...5&pagenumber=1
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

Quote Originally Posted by rommel
    Hi Guys, I'm looking for a set of M Parrallel wheels for my E38. I found one set that has clearcoat on it. He (eBay member) claims that they are factory rims...
    It's easy to tell if the wheels are really BMW original M-Pars...their authenticity can be verified by the BMW part nbr, wheel size & offset, and other stampings that will verify they are the "real" thing.

M-Parallel replicas don't/won't have these stampings...have him send you a pic of the back side of the M-Pars or ask him to tell you what it says:
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Default Cool Thanks!! That helps me a lot.

I'll look for the inside stampings.

thanks,
    Rommel

90 535i 5spd 370K Miles
    00 740iL 63K Miles