GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: power steering fluid

Default power steering fluid

Stupid me filled up the power steering resivore with power steering fluid. Soo i had to drain and flush it out. the problem is that i don't know witch type of ATF fluid to use. Does Anyone know witch one to use???

bilstin HDs, eiback prokit, K&N instert, DEPO fogs, sound system, zimmerman rotors, metal master

Default The top of your cap should say on it. Yours most likely requires dexron II, III or

mercon. If its a touring with the self leveling rear suspension then you'll need to use pentosin fluid either chf 7 or 11 depending on what the cap states.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. evil
    Stupid me filled up the power steering resivore with power steering fluid. Soo i had to drain and flush it out. the problem is that i don't know witch type of ATF fluid to use. Does Anyone know witch one to use???

It is a 525i 91 without self leveling, The cap says CHF 7 but i don't know where to find it.

bilstin HDs, eiback prokit, K&N instert, DEPO fogs, sound system, zimmerman rotors, metal master

It is a 525i 91 without self leveling, The cap says CHF 7 but i don't know where to find it.
    Parts store? LOL!!

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Default You'll have to call around to import parts stores for pentosin 7.1 fluid.

since its a BMW, I'd start with your local BMW Parts dept...then I'd try the local Mercedes Benz, Audi/Porsche/Volkswagon dealerships since these marques also sold cars that used Pentosin hydraulic fluid. Don't take no for an answer if that answer rolls right off their tongue after a slight pause. Pentosin doesn't jump off the shelf, and just because it's not familiar to the young counter clerk, doesn't mean it's not on the shelf. If they have their parts system computerized...then have then enter Pentosin...then let them tell you if they have it or not. (that's from experience)

After that...try the online vendors.

PENTOSIN CHF 7.1 is a special hydraulic fluid on mineraloil basis with typical functions, such as level control, shock absorbing, power steering etc. Due to the broad temperature range - operating from -40° C up to + 100° C - Pentosin CHF 7.1 is especially suitable in regions of cold climate. Its use is especially recommended for vehicles of older construction.

PENTOSIN CHF 11S is a special synthetic hydraulic fluid with an even more extended temperature range -40° C up to min. 130° C., within which perfect operating is guaranteed. Due to this fact Pentosin CHF 11S is especially suitable for a variety of hydraulic network and steerings of latest vehicle developments, where the applied fluid has a direct influence on safety and driving comfort.Pentosin CHF 11S guarantees a perfect operation of all hydraulic systems, such as power steering, rear axle steering, level control, hydropneumatic suspension, shock absorbers, active damping of engine fixtures, hydrostatic drive for fan, generator and air condition, stability and traction systems (ABS/ASR/ASC), electrohydraulic cabriolet top actuation, central locking systems etc.
    Last edited by Qsilver7; 10-25-2005 at 02:56 PM.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

My car specifies Dexron II in the power steering resovoir. As I will have some spare Castrol Transmax Z (their synthetic Dexron III replacement) left over after this weekend's tranny filter and fluid change- does anyone know if there is anything wrong with using this in the power steering system?

I doubt it, but all opinions are hereby requested

ps- Here is a real nice pic of it, but the actual cost of this quantity would be 'interesting' , a 4L bottle cost me over AUD$60
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by genphreak; 10-25-2005 at 11:48 PM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Have you tried bacon grease? Emeril swears by it.

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak
    My car specifies Dexron II in the power steering resovoir. As I will have some spare Castrol Transmax Z (their synthetic Dexron III replacement) left over from my recent tranny filter and fluid change- does anyone know if there is anything wrong with using this in the power steering system? I doubt it, but all opinions are hereby requested
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    Have you tried bacon grease? Emeril swears by it.
    What do you use Jeff, a mixture of bovine manure and that small number of other short posts you would otherwise throw away as they don't pass your high publishing standards?

Have I the wrong end of the stick here... who's Emeril btw?

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak
    What do you use Jeff, a mixture of bovine manure and that small number of other short posts you would otherwise throw away as they don't pass your high publishing standards?

Have I the wrong end of the stick here... who's Emeril btw?
    You're kidding right?

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast