GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project 535iTm has been slammed.....

Default Project 535iTm has been slammed.....

Got the sachs kit that was on my old 535i over to the wagon today with the helping hand of Brandon Jurado (S38 525i) and Peter Lewis (530iT). I couldn't have gotten the job done in such great time without their help. Peter was interested in learning how the suspension stuff goes for future reference on his 530iT, but knows a good deal about autos to begin with. His help was great. Brandon and I have done this too many times to count so we were probably working faster than Peter would have preferred. They both stayed for the long haul which was more than I would have ever asked for. I owe them some beer and Peter will get any help he needs when he does his suspension!

New upper and lower control arms went in as the 750 bushings in the existing control arms were TOAST. I replaced with lemforders/M5 bushings. We eliminated the self leveling and removed all the bits as well. I also put the RD sways on the front (rear will get done later when it is easier to remove/replace the rear bar). I also threw the 850 brakes on the front (the 540 brakes will go on the rear when get new rotors for them).

Pics to come.....

M30 bits will be going to the shops this week for rebuild and cleaning.

Scott

Default Here's the pics.....

Last edited by Scott H; 11-14-2005 at 10:46 AM.

Looks great, how long did it take to do the whole job?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quite the drop - looks great.

What sort of plant material is sticking out of the garage in the before shot?
    Anthony
    03/64 production

'91M5 - 11/90, was mine, it's Jim's now.

Default Well I got a head start on Friday night....

Took out the front strut assemblies and some other bits Friday evening. Brandon and Peter came over Sunday at noon, and aside from struggles with corroded LAD lines, we were done by 9. Subtract 3 hours of me fussing with those lines out and it would have been much shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    Looks great, how long did it take to do the whole job?

Default Lol

Not sure....that isn't my house. It is the previous owner's.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony (M5 in Calgary)

What all comes with the Sachs kit?? My front end needs some work and I would love to lower it, so I thought maybe the Sachs kit would kill two birds with one stone.
    91 535iA M30 Auto
    Born in 3/91 (The Bimmer, not me )

120,000 Miles
    Pics soon--she is a work in progress

Default Sachs kit comes with everything you need

Set of Eibach springs and matched boge turbo gas struts/shocks for all 4 corners. Also comes with cut bump stops.

Quote Originally Posted by athflying79
    What all comes with the Sachs kit?? My front end needs some work and I would love to lower it, so I thought maybe the Sachs kit would kill two birds with one stone.

Default Now Anthony...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony (M5 in Calgary)

It's a Japanese Maple....he,he, I've got one too!

Default Oh yeah, the LAD lines....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott H
    Took out the front strut assemblies and some other bits Friday evening. Brandon and Peter came over Sunday at noon, and aside from struggles with corroded LAD lines, we were done by 9. Subtract 3 hours of me fussing with those lines out and it would have been much shorter.
    Are a real painintheass....I didn't think about you having to do the rears, or else I could have warned you about it. There is a trick you know...sorry ol' bud.

The car looks great, have you had the chance to putz around the block in it? It shouldn't handle too different than an E39 Sport Touring now.

Hmmm, let's see....I've got the stuff for the seats, you'll need to find a steering wheel....what about an E36 M3 wheel? It will look nice with the new ///M lit shift knob you'll install when you do the 5 speed conversion. Alexander BMW had 'em for $65 a while back. You should be able to pick up a steering wheel for a Franklin.

Jill will be so happy!!!

Your good friend,
    Jr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast