GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 635Csi intake manifold

Default But it doesn't change the compression ratio, thats predetermined by the

stroke of the piston, the size of the combustion chamber and the shape of the piston dome... Its a fixed number... What Jeff is referring to is the compression itself not the compression ratio...

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    k....what a cam does is change the dynamic compression at a different time compared to the stock cam...not static compression. You could in theory change to a larger lift cam with the same timing and get higher static compression at a slightly higher RPM range. If you went with a larger lift cam with more duration it would make more power at a higher RPM but you will sacrifice lower RPM power. This kind of discussion could go on forever. What you want to do is the most important aspect than just sticking in a bigger bumpstick. Usually if you go with a higher lift and duration cam it will tend to run better at higher ropms, so if thats whats going to happen the rest of the package will have to be tuned for that modification such as higher compression, larger valves, free flowing exhaust, stronger valve springs that wont bottom out from higher lift etc etc etc.... At that point you can concider the larger intake manifold.

God ... thats really gonna go forever, what I wanted to do was that I was thinking about the M-power engines and how they do it without forced induction - supercharger, or turbo supercharger - which really fits in my area.

in the car registeration they do not allow physical viewed modifications. ( turbo, supercharger and maybe headers ) so I was thinking of stuff that keeps the engine look the same but inside it is different.

I just want it to be as powerfull as 290HP or 300.

I think many will suggest the V8 540 engine but thats too costly. also I would not be able to fit in my manual trans.

maybe changing the pistons and camshaft would do ... still I have no much knowledge in that ... and maybe I would finally turbo charge it with the old 745i system to make it look original as possible to make it pass the registeration.

Quote Originally Posted by grave77
    maybe changing the pistons and camshaft would do ... still I have no much knowledge in that ... and maybe I would finally turbo charge it with the old 745i system to make it look original as possible to make it pass the registeration.
    it won't do, the turbo setup is the best route. You will have to find an exhaust manifold that mounts the turbo low, so you cannot see it.
    like here

http://forums.eurocca.net/attachment...1&d=1109057802

I had to register to see the picture :P .. anyway ... turbo is hidden but it's clear that it got a turbo ... but I think I got the idea. do u have other pics? so I can get more ideas ...

I'm trying to get the same hp without forced induction, I have heard that the e3 3.3li has a 88.4 mm stroke (hard to come by, but not impossible) JE pistons in the US will make to order 93.4 mm pistons to any comp you want, this i believe will give the same swept vol as a e34 M5 3.6, getting rid of the maf, a cam, 10 to 1 comp or a bit more, extractors, ported head, larger throtle body and free flow induction system may get us up near there, but the cost. Maybe we can kick some ideas around, i like the idea of a std looking motor that really gets up and flies
    Last edited by motorman; 11-23-2005 at 06:29 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12