GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

View Poll Results: M Style Mirrors on an E34?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell ya! Looks smooth

17 73.91%
  • Hell no! Dont be an M poser

6 26.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M style mirrors on an E34?

Default M style mirrors on an E34?

So, I keep thinking about getting some of the M style mirrors for my E34, Im pretty torn on what I want to do... I just think the boxy mirrors on the E34 detract from the cars overall look. My goal is a clean looking car, nothing ... but something that its a bit hard to tell its not stock (course, other mods have to get it not to stock )
    Last edited by hakwuzhere; 12-12-2005 at 11:51 PM.

imo, badges are the only thing that i would vote no on in this situation. No one is going to see the mirrors and think "ooh, thats an m5", anyone who would know that they are "M" mirrors would know that your car isnt an "M." I think M mods are great, except for badges. I saw an e36 318i"///M" yesterday, it saddened me. I suppose the e36 crowd might not have the same sense of taste that us e34's do
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Yea, Im not going to debadge the car or anything to try and "fool" people into the fact that its an M... I do however think a sleeker mirror on the side of the car would improve the look.

I have an M5 badge on mine but it is there to cover up the mess from my debadging experience, The regular 525i wasnt big enough to hide the damage but the M5 covered it nicely and now I dont have to look at the unsightly outline of the 52 of my 525i emblum that for some reason took off the clear coat on its way off.

Quote Originally Posted by hakwuzhere
    So, I keep thinking about getting some of the M style mirrors for my E34, Im pretty torn on what I want to do... I just think the boxy mirrors on the E34 detract from the cars overall look. My goal is a clean looking car, nothing ... but something that its a bit hard to tell its not stock (course, other mods have to get it not to stock )
    I say get em`..

I have them on my car..
    I think they look great on ALL E34 models..
    Keep in mind that your field of view will be smaller
    with the M style mirrors..
    This whole thing about people being "posers" is so lame..
    Put a friggn` Ferrari badge on it if you want..

You said it!. The owner has his reasons or no reason at all. The fact that somebody goes about doing it means he/she likes it. So leave it at that.

If somebody offered to put a badge on your car, thats a different story.

the 525i badge covers a bigger area than the m5
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Quote Originally Posted by hakwuzhere
    My chose would be to get the M5 mirrors from the E39, gorgeous! And what a folding action! More subtle and understated than the M3, but more modern than stock.

Just my opinion but the M3 mirrors are far to common now especially when seen fitted to Peugeots an Vauxhalls!

(Just make shore whatever your decision don’t skrimp, and go for the heated/tinted/electric adjust/fold versions. Otherwise what’s the point?!)
    Last edited by 525SEI BRIT; 12-14-2005 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NH004
    Keep in mind that your field of view will be smaller
    with the M style mirrors..
    My field is larger now than before ... that was the main reason I changed ... also, they look better than the old ones. The original M styles probably have a smaller field but the ones I got are different, and I like them.

Ken

Zuzuk, got a link to your mirrors?

525SEI BRIT, any idea where I can get M5 E39 mirrors with the E34 fitplate?... I agree, a very understated mirror, but damn good looking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast