GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Will a complete strut asembly from an 89 535 fit in a 92 525?

Default Will a complete strut asembly from an 89 535 fit in a 92 525?

Basically, I'm wondering if 4 complete strut assemblies with Eibach springs and Koni struts from an 89 535 work in a 92 525? Thanks.

Carl Jensen

If they are complete, I don't know why not. The only difference between the early and late are the top nuts and the size of the strut that goes through the bearing. If you R&R the whole strut intact, it should be very easy, fit perfect and take about 1/2 the time to do the job.

Sounds like a bargain suspension system. If you don't want it, sell to me!
    Mike Holbrook
    Meridian, Idaho
    1992 535im, 17", Euro M5 Throwing Stars 8's & 9's, FK-451 235/45s & 255/40s, M5 Sway Bars 25/20, Conforti chip, Lowes Ram Air, glass sunroof

iirc, there are shock inserts that may be too "short" even though their diameters are the same. for minimum headache and maximum results, tell the board the production date of the vehicle it will be going in to, and the production date of the vehicle the strut assemblies came out of (before the shocks and springs were put on). if you don't know this information, someone may be able to help you otherwise.

ps..91-93 525i's are not cars that you want to guess about strut fittment with. there are constantly people on ebay selling shock parts that won't fit their 525i but were informed otherwise prior to sale.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

I thought Eibachs went with Bills and H&Rs went with Konis? Still, I could just be babbling.

could be both, if I ever get some money, Koni's will be going with my Eibachs. IIRC it's pretty harsh, but still a nice aggressive setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Did you find out if it fits right in?

I've been checking around for shocks and struts and I get the impression that the only difference is the top nut size for model years 89-95...

am I right?
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero