GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best source for OE floor mats?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay 535i
    Will do, but I'll hold off 'til spring.

Color choice will be tough. Should I get grey, which I believe is OE for my black interior, or get black, which is a little meaner and will contrast nicely with the grey carpeting?

Here's the best picture I have of my interior. It's hard to tell in the poorly-lit pic, but it has grey carpeting with, at the moment, black OE rubber mats.

I vote for black!
    Mustbr8kfree
    1995 525i, Shadowline,EAT chip, Alpine

Will do, but I'll hold off 'til spring.

Color choice will be tough. Should I get grey, which I believe is OE for my black interior, or get black, which is a little meaner and will contrast nicely with the grey carpeting?

Here's the best picture I have of my interior. It's hard to tell in the poorly-lit pic, but it has grey carpeting with, at the moment, black OE rubber mats.

Jay, is that leather on the console where your gear selector is? Check out the wood in this Alpina, it would look great in your car..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-A...QQcmdZViewItem
    Mustbr8kfree
    1995 525i, Shadowline,EAT chip, Alpine

I like the way the black mat contrasts with the grey carpet. It will also look cleaner much longer.

Not to throw another option out, but BMA had very good prices on the mats when I got mine from them.

I've always thought these looked like a pretty nice alternative, and people seem to love them. Pricey though. Search around and you'll find some pics of them in BMWs...there's an E30 on r3vlimited.com that has them.

http://www.cocomats.com/
    Kristuphir
    =======

'91 535i, 5-speed, black on black
    '59 Ford F-100 camper special
    '77 Honda CB550K (inert)

Quote Originally Posted by 1995 525i
    Jay, is that leather on the console where your gear selector is? Check out the wood in this Alpina, it would look great in your car..
    You are right. That shift surround it to die for. I want one like that. The door and dash trim in my car is a burl pattern but the shift surround doesn't match and looks like walnut. If anyone comes across one being parted out like with a surround like this, LET ME KNOW!

Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

That part around my shifter is actually vinyl, not leather. But I'm doing a transmission swap soon, and I plan to use the M5 center console insert to get this look:

I'm happy with the amount of wood my car has, and I won't be adding more. IMHO it's not sporty enough, and I'm going for a sporty, albeit OE, look.

That Alipina, though, does offer a good pic of grey mats on grey carpet. I think I would prefer black mats on the grey carpet. That seems to be the consensus. Thanks for posting that pic, Alan.

Check out the pic of the Alpina with the night-lit dashboard. I've never seen displays like that for oil pressure, oil temp, boost, etc. Are they Alpina add-ons (I guess the boost level obviously is)? There used to be warning lights and stuff there, right? Where'd they go?

$20,000 starting bid -- good luck to him.
    Last edited by Jay 535i; 03-04-2006 at 12:55 PM.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

Yes, its the alpina digital gauge cluster ad on. Last I hear they were still available and were well over 500 bucks. I'd probably sell a kidney to get one.

you know what those pictures make me want? nice manual cloth sport seats...

Default Vinyl you say

That part around my shifter is actually vinyl, not leather. But I'm doing a transmission swap soon, and I plan to use the M5 center console insert to get this look:

I'm happy with the amount of wood my car has, and I won't be adding more. IMHO it's not sporty enough, and I'm going for a sporty, albeit OE, look.

That Alipina, though, does offer a good pic of grey mats on grey carpet. I think I would prefer black mats on the grey carpet. That seems to be the consensus. Thanks for posting that pic, Alan.

Check out the pic of the Alpina with the night-lit dashboard. I've never seen displays like that for oil pressure, oil temp, boost, etc. Are they Alpina add-ons (I guess the boost level obviously is)? There used to be warning lights and stuff there, right? Where'd they go?

$20,000 starting bid -- good luck to him.
    Is that center console trim piece something I'd be able to get only from BMW or are there aftermarket parts? I've been looking for something other than the normal flat piece I have around my manual gear lever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toeks
    Is that center console trim piece something I'd be able to get only from BMW or are there aftermarket parts? I've been looking for something other than the normal flat piece I have around my manual gear lever.
    I really don't know. I haven't started looking yet. I suspect that particular part is only available from BMW or someone selling genuine BMW parts (e.g. BMA). It's an M5 part, although I don't know if all M5s have it. I think not.

What I like best about that part is that, by effectively raising the height of the center console, it makes even the stock shifter look shorter.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast