GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Preemptive car for sale thread - 1990 E34 535i 5 speed

Default Preemptive car for sale thread - 1990 E34 535i 5 speed

Hey guys, my car will be officially for sale when I finish this school term in late May/Early June... just thought I would see if there is any interest among the E34 enthusiasts before I really post it up for sale. My ma's helping me get into something new - probably going to be a compact pickup of some sort - and I just don't have the need for two cars.

It's a 135k mile (at the moment) 1990 BMW 535i 5 speed - Black on Grey leather with full option: sunroof, heated seats, and LSD.

It's got a few mods done to it: OEM euro clears all around, EAT 7k RPM redline chip, Sachs suspension kit with only a few thousand miles on it... more that I probably can't think of at the moment (nothing big though).

The wheels aren't stock, they are 15s though with Michelin Pilots of some flavor (can't remember at the moment) that only have a few thousand miles on them (swapped on the same time as the Sachs kit). Exhaust isn't stock, it's a single straight pipe going all the way back connected to an el cheapo muffler that's tided me over quite nicely... better low end response than stock and quieter to boot, although the muffler admittedly looks very awkward on the car.

It's not a perfect car by any stretch, but it's definitely not a dime a dozen E34 either. Just thought I'd post this as a feeler for now, very brief description to give you guys an idea... I will become more serious when the time rolls around to go shopping for something new.

Looking to get $4k for the thing, if you feel this is a car you will be interested in buying feel free to drop a reply in this thread and I will try to work something out with you.

Some somewhat recent pics I took:

1990 BMW 535i 5 speed - Black on Grey, LSD

Few more...

shadow lined too
    those pics dont do you any favours bro
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    shadow lined too
    those pics dont do you any favours bro
    Eh yeah they aren't great pics or anything but I still need the car until school is out... not officially for sale just yet and there will be better pics when it is.

Mostly just looking to see if there is any interest at the moment.

Damn, that seems like a really good deal. 5sp, LSD, Sachs kit,... that car has a lot going for it.

Default Muffler

Quote Originally Posted by JAlfredPrufrock
    Hey guys, my car will be officially for sale when I finish this school term in late May/Early June... just thought I would see if there is any interest among the E34 enthusiasts before I really post it up for sale. My ma's helping me get into something new - probably going to be a compact pickup of some sort - and I just don't have the need for two cars.

It's a 135k mile (at the moment) 1990 BMW 535i 5 speed - Black on Grey leather with full option: sunroof, heated seats, and LSD.

It's got a few mods done to it: OEM euro clears all around, EAT 7k RPM redline chip, Sachs suspension kit with only a few thousand miles on it... more that I probably can't think of at the moment (nothing big though).

The wheels aren't stock, they are 15s though with Michelin Pilots of some flavor (can't remember at the moment) that only have a few thousand miles on them (swapped on the same time as the Sachs kit). Exhaust isn't stock, it's a single straight pipe going all the way back connected to an el cheapo muffler that's tided me over quite nicely... better low end response than stock and quieter to boot, although the muffler admittedly looks very awkward on the car.

It's not a perfect car by any stretch, but it's definitely not a dime a dozen E34 either. Just thought I'd post this as a feeler for now, very brief description to give you guys an idea... I will become more serious when the time rolls around to go shopping for something new.

Looking to get $4k for the thing, if you feel this is a car you will be interested in buying feel free to drop a reply in this thread and I will try to work something out with you.

Some somewhat recent pics I took:

Mate, the muffler kills it. Try to find a good second hand stock unit, it'll look better.

That exhuast looks like you retrofitted a 1.8l m44 and sized the exuast to fit. At least have an exhaust shop do something with the back end. Y tip - slash cut, slash cut 3" single pipe, get a Monza tip from summit racing

Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"

Please don't do a Monza tip. That will look even worse. For $50 you could find a dual stainless straight cut tip and have it welded on, because it does somewhat look bad. Nice car otherwise, for $4k it should sell quick. I second the better picture comment, then also post on Bf.c, Pelican, and Craigslist. You might be able to unload it without even paying for an ad.

As for the truck, get a Toyota. Not that you asked. And if you ever want to sell the euro tails seperate, let me know.
    Matt J.

'95 540/6- Jim C. chip, Bilsteins, B&B, For Sale!
    -Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

Assuming the base is tucked up near the muffler - How does a Monza style tip differ from the OEM BMW look ?

Quote Originally Posted by onewhippedpuppy
    Please don't do a Monza tip. That will look even worse. For $50 you could find a dual stainless straight cut tip and have it welded on, because it does somewhat look bad. Nice car otherwise, for $4k it should sell quick. I second the better picture comment, then also post on Bf.c, Pelican, and Craigslist. You might be able to unload it without even paying for an ad.

As for the truck, get a Toyota. Not that you asked. And if you ever want to sell the euro tails seperate, let me know.
    Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"

I think the slashed tip looks bad, like the dual exhaust on a Chevy truck. Plus the red or yellow inside just looks tacky.
    Matt J.

'95 540/6- Jim C. chip, Bilsteins, B&B, For Sale!
    -Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast