GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Engine M30

well I would but he will charge me 50% installation labor again ... thats why I'm trying to sort it out here ... I will check the identification sensor tomorrow .. this might be it.

Lol simply doesnt burn rubber??? its almost impossible to burn rubber in my car unless im turnin or its wet

J.McWatters

Quote Originally Posted by McWatters
    Lol simply doesnt burn rubber??? its almost impossible to burn rubber in my car unless im turnin or its wet

J.McWatters
    he has a 5 sp ... i can guarantee a lot of rubber burning with 5sp anything ...

Quote Originally Posted by McWatters

J.McWatters
    Mine won't exactly burn rubber from a standstill, but it fishtails quite nicely around turns. I didn't buy it for it's power though (or lack of).
    91 535iA M30 Auto
    Born in 3/91 (The Bimmer, not me )

120,000 Miles
    Pics soon--she is a work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by athflying79
    Mine won't exactly burn rubber from a standstill, but it fishtails quite nicely around turns. I didn't buy it for it's power though (or lack of).
    I have good, "performance oriented" fairly new tires, and i cannot get it to spin from a standstill on a dry day going straight just by pressing the gas. I replaced my fuel filter the other day however and was surprised when the rear end broke loose on a shallow curve near the end of first gear, i wasnt even flooring it. Around corners, or in the wet, the m30 can produce wheelspipn to satisfactory degree. From my experience, and extensive studies and interviews on the matter including anecdotal evidence, i can safely make the assumption that with a chip and properly tuned an m30-equipped BMW 5series automobile should be able to experience traction loss at will.

A 5 speed m30 should be able produce smoke all day without breaking a sweat. My brother's e28 535im experienced accidental traction loss in second gear with the clutch fully engaged one hot summer day. Unfourtunately a police officer was present at the scene and initiated a frenzied pursuit with lights and sirens. After y brother pulled over, the cop made various and sundry heated threats and exclamations, including "i was too busy trying to catch up to you to clock your speed, but you were probably going XX in that school zone!" and "I could throw you in jail for this". The traffic stop ultimately ended in a ticket for negligent driving to the somethingth-degree. Almost needless to say, the ticket was dropped (with the help of an attorney) without my brother even having to be present at the court.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123