GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ::.. From Toronto to Chicago next week...

Im heading out on Friday, AND printing these directions out! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott H
    from the East, be prepared for major delays at the IL/IN border. I would definitely take I-90 (Chicago Skyway) to avoid getting close to the IL/IN border as the direction in Jason's link state. There really is no other way to avoid it......Be prepared for construction delays on I-90/I-94 when you get off the Skyway in the southside of Chicago. This delay pales in comparison to the pain you will experience if you try crossing the IL/IN border at I-80. Normally I-80 to I-294 is the ticket, but NOT now.

There is one big toll on the skyway and a couple more tolls on I-90 when you get out by OHare airport
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Disagree Ross...

They will be coming on thursday and friday and saturday which are terrible weekend times to be traveling through that corridor, especially as summer is in full swing and people that have weekend homes in MI and IN begin traveling back and forth. I drive I-57/I-94 in to work often (downtown) and find that the congestion through the Dan Ryan is nowhere near as bad as the reports make it out to be. The traffic there at least moves consistently instead of a lot of starting and stopping like the I-80/I-94 corridor. My in-laws have gone to our Michigan home each weekend for the past 6 weeks and are finding the traffic congestion increasingly difficult to bear. Also, if they pass through I-90/I-94 on their way through, they will pass the loop and at least get to see the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    The 80/94 at the Ind./Ill. border is sometimes a problem but is not as bad as some make it out to be. I've done it twice in the past month without long delays.

Default Don't count on it!!!

Depending on the route, congestion could very well be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay 535i
    My tentative plan is to arrive in Chicago at around 3am, so congestion won't be an issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12