GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I buy this car?

Default Should I buy this car?

http://www.splendidauto.com/viewcar.aspx?carID=60

or should i wait for this one?

http://www.splendidauto.com/viewcar.aspx?carID=59

....... or should i wait for the 3.8L e34 M5's to show up in Canada?

........or just buy em' all?

damn that alpina is H-O-T
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

The alpina.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    damn that alpina is H-O-T
    i agree, but i think once it shows up it'll be gone really fast ...... i suspect that nuclearfusion or one of his buddies have dibs on it

wow, that porsche is like, one of the cleanest cars i have EVER seen, if thats original paint, then thats just incridible.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Quote Originally Posted by BillionPa
    wow, that porsche is like, one of the cleanest cars i have EVER seen, if thats original paint, then thats just incridible.
    yes, pretty darn sweet! and a 5 speed no less, rare! ...... just don't know how the triplets are gonna fit in the back.

decisions....decisions ...

The 928 is a fast one - Robert drives it pretty much every day when he can convince his wife to give it up (she loves it). Which talk of wives reminds me I should phone him - he's working on finding a good ML for my wife.

As for the Biturbo, when it arrives I'll go over and take a drive, and let you guys know what it's like.

I was sorely tempted by the white one he sold last month, so the blue will be quite hard to stay clear of. To help myself resist its' lures I'll just keep thinking of the price of a brake job or turbo rebuild or self-levelling suspension refit, or... (mind you the cars Robert gets are premium so that stuff although unavoidable would certainly not be right away)

It will probably be a few months before it turns up here though, and another month after that before he gets all the inevitable little details sorted out to get up to fully test-driveable shape.

Stay tuned!

Fusion

p.s. - It would be neat if the Biturbo goes to another local BMW club member. We're building up a decent population of Alpinas here in the Lower Mainland!
    Last edited by nuclearfusion; 07-07-2006 at 12:25 AM.

can he get ahold of a late model E36 Euro M3 in good working order perhaps?

my friend needs a bimmer to replace his 3000GT
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Imports to Canada are easy if the car is 15 years or older. A good safety inspection and a bit of basic registration stuff and you're pretty much clear. Newer than 15 years is a whole lot more hassle. Robert tends to import mostly the 15 years or older cars I believe. The 928 is newer than that but I don't think it was imported.

Enjoy!

Fusion

Do it now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast