GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT : Who do you think the Stig is?

Default OT : Who do you think the Stig is?

I wanted to make a poll out of this, but it would work a lot better if you add typed in your own ideas instead. With Top Gear potentially coming back next month, lets try to answer the unanswered mystery of the Stig's identity.

Originally I thought that it was possible that it was Tiff Niddell (former Top Gear co-host from the late 80's early 90's) but then I realized he's the host of 5th gear so that threw that idea out.

Then I jokingly thought that it was Michael Schumacher since Clarkson went on about him pretty often, but his Indy schedule definitely wouldn't permit that.

Then one episode I watched a challenge where James May had to shave his track record time and learn how to drive on a circuit track... by none other than Sir Jackie Stewart. And man, could that guy drive! Retired or not, his skills behind the wheel are amazing.

So my guess is : Sir Jackie Stewart. He's about the right size and he absolutely has the skills. What say you?

"Scarlet" `97 540/6 with sleepy mods.
    "Box Car" '87 535isA - Old School Charm, new school Flair

I really don't think Sir Jackie has the time for Top Gear games, but yes, he can drive the pants off Clarkson!!!

If you google it, you'll find there are theories out there, here is the real "first" Stig, now there is a new STIG... don't know who that is tho!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stig
    http://www.crash.net/feature_view.asp?cid=26&id=6611
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

I'm the Stig on his day off.
    Anthony
    03/64 production

'91M5 - 11/90, was mine, it's Jim's now.

I'm pretty sure it's Tiff, given that he never takes his helmet off - except *drumroll* that one special last year, where the stig took his helmet off and it was tiff...

Though whether he was just doing a stand in I wonder.

Man, I love that show. But I rarely get time to see it. When does it come on and what channel? Please say it is not BBC America. I miss that channel, but I only get basic cable.

You can download just about every episode at www.finalgear.com

"Scarlet" `97 540/6 with sleepy mods.
    "Box Car" '87 535isA - Old School Charm, new school Flair

Quote Originally Posted by 31Hertz
    Man, I love that show. But I rarely get time to see it. When does it come on and what channel? Please say it is not BBC America. I miss that channel, but I only get basic cable.
    Download the episodes, and watch them whenever you have time.
    http://www.finalgear.com/

And Ferret, what special are you referring to, I have seen every ep of Top Gear for the last 4 years, and I never remember tiff as the stig. And Tiff works for a competing program, i dont think it would fly if he were working for Top Gear as well. Though I do think Tiff is great, and it would be awesome if he was the Stig.

Thank you for the link. Yay internet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo
    Download the episodes, and watch them whenever you have time.
    http://www.finalgear.com/

And Ferret, what special are you referring to, I have seen every ep of Top Gear for the last 4 years, and I never remember tiff as the stig. And Tiff works for a competing program, i dont think it would fly if he were working for Top Gear as well. Though I do think Tiff is great, and it would be awesome if he was the Stig.
    It was a children in need special I think - where they were playing ten pin car bowling, car pitching and driving around double-decker minis.

How could you not know? Winfred is the Stig.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast