GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT: Windows Vista Final

The Netherlands, around Amterdam (as every place is)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is running this yet - again, this is not a pirated version or a beta, it is the final release that has been opened to MSDN members - I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, and so far, so cool!
    Yep I am a MSDN member too and have installed Vista + Office 2007 a couple of weeks ago. Works like a charm, the most streamlined version to date and I have seen them all. I have a rather basic system, Vista index is a mere 2.2 but I'm ready to switch from XP and MCE 2005 (after installing an extra Gig of RAM that is).

Funny thing ... My 2 boys are 11 and 13 ... took to Vista immediately, watching tv and installing gadgets after 10 minutes. They now think XP is antiquated
    Last edited by jbourke; 12-25-2006 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Rusty English (too long away from Oz)
    You're a victim of your brain

Therein lies a bug where after you do a specific action, it will change your Vista to MCE
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Quote Originally Posted by jbourke
    Yep I am a MSDN member too and have installed Vista + Office 2007 a couple of weeks ago. Works like a charm, the most streamlined version to date and I have seen them all. I have a rather basic system, Vista index is a mere 2.2 but I'm ready to switch from XP and MCE 2005 (after installing an extra Gig of RAM that is).

Funny thing ... My 2 boys are 11 and 13 ... took to Vista immediately, watching tv and installing gadgets after 10 minutes. They now think XP is antiquated

How do you like Office 2007 - is it still beta as well?

The Netherlands, around Amterdam (as every place is)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    How do you like Office 2007 - is it still beta as well?
    Like Vista it has only been made available for business users ... I haven't had the chance to play with it too much yet but I am seeing it in action quite a bit. This company I work for is a Microsoft devotee so with the products droves of "consultants" and their Vista laptops take over They all seem to like the updated interface, the new doco formats and collaboration possibilities.
    You're a victim of your brain

I have installed few versions Pirated from those P2P, but honestly, if windows 2000 supported remote desktop I would have kept running it, all this crappy colorers and animations is ******** and I don't find any sense in this. also it's copying everything in Linux ... starting from windows XP ending with Vista, I guess this Vista is a deal between Microsoft and Intel to make ppl buy new PCs thinking that their PCs are slow.

I prefer Linux!! it runs smooth on any PC it has 3 pre-installed browsers and loads of other warez that you need slightly few stuff to add, you can get drivers from anywhere and it never crashes !!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123