GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: anyone in here ever use a mityvac?

Default anyone in here ever use a mityvac?

one of those hand held brake fluid bleeders

All the time, but not to bleed.

They are useful for draining the fluid reservoir. Also a pain to clean or use in a professional environment because they break. But still pretty useful. Also handy for doing clutch bleed jobs.

I find it very useful for my BMW bikes but not so much on the cars. I prefer to have someone pump the pedal. Well, actually I prefer a pressure bleeder, but if you don't have one, get a warm body in the driver's seat.

they will get the job done eventually but it sucks so much air past the threads of the bleed screw you will never know when the system stops bubbling. the silverline pro metal mityvac kit is worth it if you have a use for a vacuum pump, it'll do pressure too
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I have the plastic version and don't like I it. I wouldn't buy another.
    www.universal5.com
    Orange Tool Forum
    San Diego, CA

1994 e34 530i Eibachs/KYB
    0 miles on new windshield

Default If your going to use a one man

bleeder, i prefer this one from Harbor freight, its a copy of a vacula and does a pretty good job, you have to wrap teflon tape around the threads of the bleeder valves to keep bubbling from happening though. Works much better than a mityvac... I still prefer to have 2 people though and bleed manually wiht the pedal. Also this harbor freight requires compressed air, so you have to have a compressor.

Quote Originally Posted by markus
    one of those hand held brake fluid bleeders

hey have you seen that pressure pot bleeder they have?, looks like a knock off of a branick but $300 is a little too sporty for my liking, been waiting to see if it goes half price like so many of their goodies, the half price sale bit me and mom in the ass a year of two on our big $400 tile saw, month later and the bastard was $200 ahhh well the kitchen marble came out bitchen anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    bleeder, i prefer this one from Harbor freight, its a copy of a vacula and does a pretty good job, you have to wrap teflon tape around the threads of the bleeder valves to keep bubbling from happening though. Works much better than a mityvac... I still prefer to have 2 people though and bleed manually wiht the pedal. Also this harbor freight requires compressed air, so you have to have a compressor.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default It was a bit more than i wanted to spend also,

A friend of mine uses a vacula at his shop and after seeing this he convinced me that it would work well, it goes on sale all the time for 19.95 and actually works pretty well. I know what you mean about the half price sales at harbor freight, I try not buy unless its on sale now

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    hey have you seen that pressure pot bleeder they have?, looks like a knock off of a branick but $300 is a little too sporty for my liking, been waiting to see if it goes half price like so many of their goodies, the half price sale bit me and mom in the ass a year of two on our big $400 tile saw, month later and the bastard was $200 ahhh well the kitchen marble came out bitchen anyway

I have one and like it a lot. I've used it to bleed down just about every kind of fluid line at one point or another... If you are getting air past the threads, you are using the wrong adapter - IMHO.

Car Info is HERE

Default Thats interesting, Mityvac on their

website faq here
    states the same thing that you have to do for the vacula and the harbor freight copycat, remove bleeder screws ,wrap with teflon tape and reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by shrike071
    I have one and like it a lot. I've used it to bleed down just about every kind of fluid line at one point or another... If you are getting air past the threads, you are using the wrong adapter - IMHO.