GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally, my 535i badge is in the right spot!

Default Finally, my 535i badge is in the right spot!

i've been meaning to do this for almost 3 years! i drove around without the badge for a day, it looked mean, but i reckon the number 535 is a hot number... so i put it back on

wasn't quite sure of the right place to put it, but i found some measurements on an M5 board that i assumed would apply to a standard model badge too.. anyway, looks a hell of a lot better

Damn, how red is your car man! Is that a custom colour job?

Quote Originally Posted by LunatiC
    Damn, how red is your car man! Is that a custom colour job?
    Looks like Hellrot at its finest to me
    1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan

3k oil changes | Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | EAT Chip

may I suggest making it RED

Quote Originally Posted by Randell
    i've been meaning to do this for almost 3 years! i drove around without the badge for a day, it looked mean, but i reckon the number 535 is a hot number... so i put it back on

wasn't quite sure of the right place to put it, but i found some measurements on an M5 board that i assumed would apply to a standard model badge too.. anyway, looks a hell of a lot better

I love the painted moldings, the bumper looks great!

I'm usually bugging people to debadge but i think that the badge looks great with painted moldings. It looks especially good on hellrot, it gives the car a bit of contrast. I really like your ride

'90 535i
    UUC SSK, Bilstein shocks, Eibach spings, EAT chip, CAI, Super Sprint exhaust, Hella euro headlights, HID kit, M5 spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by BigTed00
    I love the painted moldings, the bumper looks great!

I'm usually bugging people to debadge but i think that the badge looks great with painted moldings. It looks especially good on hellrot, it gives the car a bit of contrast. I really like your ride

Woohoo Hellrot love in this thread.

Mine needs a good claybaring and detail job.. not to mention I'm going to have to paint my moldings too... that looks great!!
    Last edited by rreimund; 02-08-2007 at 10:09 PM.
    1990 535i - 5 spd - Red on black - LSD
    Mods: EAT chip, Sachs Sports Kit, Racing King Subframe Inserts, staggered M-Parallels (replicas) with BFGoodrich g-Force Sports.

never a huge hellrot fan, it looks great but the sun eats it up faster then silver probably the worst color/paint for turning to ****, buffed the chalk off of a buddys e30 and had it looking like a new penny and it didn't take any time to go to ****
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

It's amazing that so many body shops after repainting/repairing a high(er) end car, assumably being paid handsomely by an insurance company, would not take the time to actually replace the emblem in its original factory place. I've seen countless BMWs and Mercedes with emblems all over the place, as if the dude played a drunken pin the donkey on that ****...idiots.
    1989 535iM 229,000 miles

might as well add my current favorite photo to this hellrot appreciation thread, although i thought mine was brilliantrot, are they the same?

yeah, red paint is terrible, it looks hot but it wears poorly especially in climates like mine, where so far this summer we've had countless days over 40C (104F).. most red cars start to lose it after around 5 years, particularly the ford, holden and toyota models that were painted in australia..

i think my car has been in so many accidents that basically the whole car has been resprayed - i've found overspray marks just about everywhere.. even so, i've noticed some tiny pits in the clearcoat on the roof and hood.. i do a meguire's wash, paint clean, polish and wax once every few months to stave off the inevitable.. but it's always parked in the garage or underground at work, so it should last a long time

when i bought this car i was actually looking for an E30 325is, but when i saw this one with all red paintjob... i had to have it.. i paid too much for it and have spent and arm and a leg keeping it mint, but i can't imagine any other car i'd own for 3 years but still look back at as i walk into the office in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Randell

Wow.. just wow..
    Do you have that in a high res? suitable for a desktop background? 1400 x 1050 pixels please

Between the body color mouldings and sideskirt, the window tint, and the wheels.. Wow..
    Too bad it's about 12 degrees F here today.. 'cause these pictures make me want to go out and work on my paint to get it shining like this. I've already got everything I need.. have had it for over a year.. but just need the time to do it. My daughter was born last April, so free time has been "unobtainium" - Here's the stuff I've got ready to go:
    Last edited by rreimund; 02-09-2007 at 09:40 AM.
    1990 535i - 5 spd - Red on black - LSD
    Mods: EAT chip, Sachs Sports Kit, Racing King Subframe Inserts, staggered M-Parallels (replicas) with BFGoodrich g-Force Sports.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast