GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E34 headlight opinions

Default E34 headlight opinions

I am going to replace my headlights. I was looking for some of those eye headlights on ebay with the black housing.... I can't find them any more but I did find these which I have never seen before and wanted to gather some thoughts on them. I know allot of you are against doing anything other than stock but my car is going to be anything but stock, so you can just leave that one be . Just give me your opinion on these... as far as the crome bar pieces im going to black that out but other than that I can't decide if I like them or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-95...QQcmdZViewItem

I wouldn't buy those if they are using the stock semi-elliptic low beams, (which they suspiciously look like they might be).
    Although it is an inexpensive way to get Angel Eyes I guess.
    Spasso
    530iT, 525 5-speed , 328is.

No. No. LED eyes. Just look at that blinking photo. I was actually photochopping these for you until I saw it. I thought they were CCFL but it's LED. Don't do it! Not to mention it looks horrendous.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

they are terrible quality
    the eye is merely 4 LEDs and a plastic ring. In there previous listings where they showed the eye illuminated, there were bulbs that were out.
    If you are looking for an economical set of eyes and are willing to sacrifice quality to save a few bucks then go with Depo.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DEPO-...spagenameZWDVW

that being said IMO eyes are a cheezy rice mod on an e34.

I moved on very quick I just never saw them before. I don't like them at all. nm thanks for the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by jjdickm
    I am going to replace my headlights. I was looking for some of those eye headlights on ebay with the black housing.... I can't find them any more but I did find these which I have never seen before and wanted to gather some thoughts on them. I know allot of you are against doing anything other than stock but my car is going to be anything but stock, so you can just leave that one be . Just give me your opinion on these... as far as the crome bar pieces im going to black that out but other than that I can't decide if I like them or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-95...QQcmdZViewItem
    Just search DEPO.
    -Trevor Ely

'88 535is
    '95 M Sport 540i (1 of 200)
    '91 M5

I bought them., They give the car an updated look...considering glass housing are so old school.

eyes = rice IMO. I think they look retarded unless they came from the factory. I rather get some nice HIR bulbs or euro smileys.

Quote Originally Posted by markus
    eyes = rice IMO. I think they look retarded unless they came from the factory.
    QFT.
    -Trevor Ely

'88 535is
    '95 M Sport 540i (1 of 200)
    '91 M5

I am toying with the idea of eyes as well but I am after subtle ones, I don't want to change the classic look of the front of the car. IMHO I don't like those all in one items and they probably won't be a great fit.

The depo ones look good as they seem to be quite discreet but I can't get over the price of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...7889QQtcZphoto

Has anyone ever bought from this company? Including shipping to the UK these are probably around £120 ($240) cheaper than anything else available in the UK. Doesn't say anything about UK / US alignment and legality on the road or any approval etc, quality is bound to be compromised at this price but by how much I wonder, they seem too good to be true.
    UK 1997 e34 540iA Touring, 1989 535i Sport - now sold, 1998 Mercedes CLK 200 Coupe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast