GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radio code please

ross, this is what happens when they let old people use the intertubes.

if you were to go onto ebay, there are several programs of dubious legality available for a song that will produce a code for you. IIRC like $5 plus no shipping because they send it to you electronically. it doesn't look like anyone here is going to get you one, you'd have to find a willing dealer who will run the vin of the old car to do that for you (for free at least). i got my first code from my local dealer, but didn't realise that it was 1) written on the radio, and 2) written on the inside of the trunk toolkit.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

No, no Russell. The guy expressly said I could have the whole car if I let the rest of his family live. Mighty sporting of him I thought.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Default Actually as one of the

old guys that uses the intertubes on occasion, i seem to remember that Ausm5 who works at a dealer in Oz gave a couple of people codes who requested them some time back... If you email him he might be able to help you Ross. Here's a link to his ID

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    ross, this is what happens when they let old people use the intertubes.

if you were to go onto ebay, there are several programs of dubious legality available for a song that will produce a code for you. IIRC like $5 plus no shipping because they send it to you electronically. it doesn't look like anyone here is going to get you one, you'd have to find a willing dealer who will run the vin of the old car to do that for you (for free at least). i got my first code from my local dealer, but didn't realise that it was 1) written on the radio, and 2) written on the inside of the trunk toolkit.

jeez guys. this thread is almost enough to make me go buy one of the programs and keep it around for anyone on the board that needs the codes. way to get self-righteous, i'd go so far as to say that anyone that has ever used realoem is as guilty as anyone that bought one of these programs, as i don't remember bmw ever coming out and saying that tis, etk &c. were open source once at least one revision had been issued. i don't think realoem has a site license for that program either.... factory service manual (rolls eyes)
    Last edited by ryan roopnarine; 06-03-2007 at 08:31 AM.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Ok

The reason my neighbor replaced the radio was because of just that, $50 he was quoted. When will these thieving a-holes ever figure out that gouging people just pisses 'em off. For a good part the car industry's deplorable reputation is well deserved because of **** like this.
    I was at a Woodfield Chevrolet a week ago for parts, a sign on the couter stated there was a "request" fee, $35 I recall, for keys cut from code, on top of the exhorbinant price. That's just being a pig.
    Patrick's parts guys have always been great to deal with and I recommend them for anyone in the area. I drive past Motor Werks to get there.
    I will get it there next time I go unless someone here helps out first.

ask your neighbor if anything is written on the inside of his toolkit, provided he still has the car, of course.

somebody might get the wrong idea, that a grand master would be after the way to decode a BMW radio and put it on the forum???!!! Nice try.

He gave me the vin. Looks like this is taken care of now, thanks to all who replied.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12