GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: May have found my Winter Beater

Default May have found my Winter Beater

Debadged but looks like may be a 535is.Almost a no brainer pending furthur investigation.Owned by a mechanic.

1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Default E28

looks like it could use some love, but for 1,800 you could drive for a while and save your 540 from the perils of the winter roads, then when it dies...part it out for the trans & M30.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Default while we are on the subject of beaters

i have a semi crappy non vanos 5 speed 525 that i got running pretty good a while back, not sure what the boss would want but 2k would probably take it if someone wants a beater, it's been in the way but i haven't had time to spiff it up to sell and it's too good to part out
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob
    looks like it could use some love, but for 1,800 you could drive for a while and save your 540 from the perils of the winter roads, then when it dies...part it out for the trans & M30.
    To be fair the flash highlights every little bleimish.It looks less bedraggled in person. Some Windex,Leatherique and a vacume would rehab a lot of what the flash accentuated. If its a strong runner with decent potential I have a parking space ready for it.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

the M30 in the e28 with a manual would be a nice car.The e 28 is lighter thn the e34.THis(i think gives the e28 a better power to weight ratio
    Gone but not forgotten

Something about a car with a service manual on the front seat and spare bottles of oil, coolant, jumper cables, etc. in the trunk that makes me a little nervous.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    Something about a car with a service manual on the front seat and spare bottles of oil, coolant, jumper cables, etc. in the trunk that makes me a little nervous.

dude, if an old car doesn't leak, that means it's dry

seriously tho, my car is 17 years old, i have a service manual in the rear seat pouch, and coolant, oil and jumper cables in the trunk - i think that's just prudent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    Oh god, stop, you're killing me! Seriously, I'm cracking up!

On another note (or perhaps the same note) I've been a mechanic for a Loooong time now, and there's an old saying: "Never buy a car from a mechanic." Basically, if it's owned by a guy that fixes cars for a living, at the end of the day he's not going to want to tear into his own car. I'd certainly say this statement holds some heavy water.

That exhaust looks like an "eta" engine (528e) I'm pretty sure the 535is has a dual pipe out of the muffler (or a larger diameter if aftermarket replacement). But I'm sure you'll figure out what it is once you pop the hood or drive it.

Jim

hey jammin what car do you drive?