GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Solutions for false "Washer fluid Low" error?

Default Solutions for false "Washer fluid Low" error?

Any quick solutions to a false "Washer Fluid Low" error message. Started last night after install of new radiator.
    1990 535i 5-sp., except for 16" M-Contours, cd deck, and clear corners, completely stock. 226k and running strong

I cleaned the connections on mine and made sure it was properly inserted into the res. Did the trick. Might have bumped a wire or pulled something loose when you replaced the radiator?

usually it's ether upside down or the float filled up and sank
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default I disconnected the wire from the sensor and bridged ...

the wire together - completed the circuit - eliminated the error and no longer have low washer warning - of course now I have to manually check to see when the washer fluid is low

jeff

I wound up having to do like Jeff on an 87 325 I used to own and just recently on my 525. Got tired of the thing going off especially while going down a level road.
    JR
    1992 525 IA, EAT chip, 16 x 7.5 Rondell 58's, BavAuto Springs, Bilstein Sports, Elipsoid Smileys & fogs, Z3 Pistol grip shifter, 4 VDO gauge package, Azure Blue w/nice patina - clearcoat shot

are all of you sure that your sensors aren't wrong side up? mine was "broken" like that until i realised that the wire harness is supposed to plug into the sensor with the sensor plug going downward....problem solved. it used to go off randomly on level roads, too.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Seems like I tried your method Ryan but I can't be sure (I've got CRS-Can't Remember ****) but I'll take a look at it next time I get a chance.
    Thanks,
    JR
    1992 525 IA, EAT chip, 16 x 7.5 Rondell 58's, BavAuto Springs, Bilstein Sports, Elipsoid Smileys & fogs, Z3 Pistol grip shifter, 4 VDO gauge package, Azure Blue w/nice patina - clearcoat shot

But God, do we have to have enough sense to check the washer fluid ourselves - how will I ever remember. (lol) Haven't checked mine yet - just thrilled to have a radiator again.
    1990 535i 5-sp., except for 16" M-Contours, cd deck, and clear corners, completely stock. 226k and running strong

Default Mine worked fine for a few years then konked out...

the dealer in Canada wanted 120 bucks just for the sensor!!!! That was the days before I found the board and BMA - For 12o bucks I figured I could live without the warning - hasn't bugged me since

Thx for the thought though

Jeff