GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Tight Brakes (caliper/pad on rotor)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Tight Brakes (caliper/pad on rotor)

...I hear noises readily when driving, like the wheel bearings (no other symptoms of them..) or else pads dragging....

lift car, remove FRONT (right) wheel (so I can see what's going on better)... spin rotor.... rotor TURNS w/your hand... but does not spin. When you stop actively turning the rotor w/your hand...the rotor stops.

car drives fine, (needs thrut arms).. but braking is great... fairly recent akebono pads and brembo rotors... all clean and pretty... no squealing...

ALSO - think I hear the "pad carrier" clinking slightly against the rest of the caliper when cold and in reverse when applying the break... IF I try to rattle that, it does make a solid, yet slight clink.... probably lounder w/the force of the car against it....as when rolling....

So:
    1. Is the rotor/wheel rotation resistance ok? Car doesn't coast very well....but not pulling to either side either.... Can I improve the "free wheeling/spin" ?

2. What about that little clink sound...?

Thanks gang,
    Cheers, Rob sends.....
    Last edited by RobPatt; 09-20-2007 at 08:30 PM. Reason: forgot to say it's on the FRONT..>!
    1993 / 525ia / M50TU / EAT / Sachs / Infiniti Kappa & Basslink / super clean / Style 5s wearing Pilots / Mobil 1 everywhere / long road ahead