GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ot, well that was fun

Default ot, well that was fun

i mother****inggoddamnhate the cock sucker that invented real player, against my learnings over the years i loaded real player to watch top gear clips from the bbc website and something fun road in on it, i think i've douched it all out over the last couple hours, cock smoking ******s

i was going to post the ******** that replaced the desktop picture but it seems to be gone too, all black with my ip address and some **** about being infected with a virus, NO **** *******
    Last edited by winfred; 10-14-2007 at 11:26 PM.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

hmm maybe just stick to windows media player

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    i mother****inggoddamnhate the cock sucker that invented real player, against my learnings over the years i loaded real player to watch top gear clips fr

get a good codec pack that can also play some RP stuff, I have hated the program about 6 months after it first came out :P with a good codec pack i never had to install anyone elses player since

Yeah get a good codec pack such as http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...Codec_Pack.htm

It also includes media player classic which contains no BS

don't touch real or quicktime

imho keep away from windows media player since it chats with m$ servers too much for my comfort

use real alternative
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

there is also quicktime alternative

much faster, less bloated, and stable...

Quote Originally Posted by infurno
    use real alternative
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by infurno
    don't touch real or quicktime

imho keep away from windows media player since it chats with m$ servers too much for my comfort

use real alternative
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

there is also quicktime alternative

much faster, less bloated, and stable...
    ON the mac and pc I use I use quicktime Pro and Windows media, and on the Mac I also have VLC. plays literally every format, including oddball ones like .flv.

Only problem is you need quiktime installed for itunes. I uninstalled it and Itunes went potty so I had to put it back. Hate the fact that its there...same goes for realplayer. I use VLC and ACDSee which is simple and superb for videos and pics. There also this thing called avipreview that lets you view unfinished avi files but it also does a good job of playing most awkward video files.

Does anyone know where videos on the web are saved while playing? If you watch a vid fro youtube for example does it actually store the video file on the PC that you can copy and paste somewhere else?

BTW that codec site is a superb resource...thanks!
    UK 1997 e34 540iA Touring, 1989 535i Sport - now sold, 1998 Mercedes CLK 200 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by leicesterboy15
    Does anyone know where videos on the web are saved while playing? If you watch a vid fro youtube for example does it actually store the video file on the PC that you can copy and paste somewhere else?
    iirc youtube uses some kind of proprietry embedding which means you cant get to the video streams, and what it downloads isnt really intelligble anyway...

Have a hunt around, there's loads of programmes that will rip straight from gootube.

Thanks Ferret, sounds like a plan! Will follow that one up...
    UK 1997 e34 540iA Touring, 1989 535i Sport - now sold, 1998 Mercedes CLK 200 Coupe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast