GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Turbo came! Looks SICK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    I did not choose - i just did not see your question.

My plans are to make this car go like stink. I don't intend to road race - it will be a VERY fun street car and will see light to medium drag use. The brakes are OE rotors with Hawk HPS + pads. I have no braking issues even from "very fast". Eventually I'd like to do a BBK but 99% of people with BBK never utilize their stock brakes and BBK is just for show.

I want to show, but I want to GO like hell.
    Don't know what BBK is, but... I guess if you don't have any braking issues you don't need to worry. I've always thought you should match HP and braking performance. If you have in the upper hundreds of HP you might want to start thinking about braking weaknesses... But, I guess if it's just being used in street applications you don't need to worry about these things.

BBK == big brake kit

it's too large Jon. what revs do you exepct to see the turbo spooling?

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    Simple answer, run both in tandem XD

It's not too large - the exhaust housing is a .81 while my holset has to be something to the tune of 1.01 or 1.06 which is much larger. In addition, the physical housing itself is much smaller than the holset which was originally intended for about 10 - 15 liters of diesel exhaust running through it. The Holset has a giant hot side and smaller cold side because of the motors they were placed on producing huge amounts of exhaust but not too much horsepower.

The PT76GTS has a very appropriate sized hot side in comparison to the Holset and has a (very much so) larger compressor side to support the huge horsepower. The .81 housing on the new turbo is said to be very very good with spool especially with the "S" wheel i have in it. Spool will more than likely be BETTER than with the Holset configuration.
    Last edited by Jon K; 10-17-2007 at 06:39 AM.

whats results are other guys around the world getting with a m50 and this turbo? Or are you an innovator?

It's not too large - the exhaust housing is a .81 while my holset has to be something to the tune of 1.01 or 1.06 which is much larger. In addition, the physical housing itself is much smaller than the holset which was originally intended for about 10 - 15 liters of diesel exhaust running through it. The Holset has a giant hot side and smaller cold side because of the motors they were placed on producing huge amounts of exhaust but not too much horsepower.

The PT76GTS has a very appropriate sized hot side in comparison to the Holset and has a (very much so) larger compressor side to support the huge horsepower. The .81 housing on the new turbo is said to be very very good with spool especially with the "S" wheel i have in it. Spool will more than likely be BETTER than with the Holset configuration.

whats results are other guys around the world getting with a m50 and this turbo? Or are you an innovator?
    PPF in sweden is a big advocate of this turbo they have seen 1000 rwhp. I am not an innovator with this unit - this is a VERY popular Supra turbo. I was criticized by a lot of the big hp guys for picking a holset without knowing the specs on the unit and I can see the light now - yes the holset served me well but it was not perfect for the application.

This turbo is used a lot by the swedes for their 900 rwhp - 1000 rwhp M50s and such.

It is also the same turbo found on Ulysses (card counter) car @ ICS which dyno 996 rwhp on 2.8L M52. Also used by Cameron (highboostingm3) in his S50B30 Non vanos build that is estimated to be 950+ rwhp when done. These guys are members over at bimmerforums.
    Last edited by Jon K; 10-17-2007 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks for your quick reply Jon. wow, I've never seen those pictures before, but I read the posts on bimmerforums regulary. How much do these turbo's cost?

PPF in sweden is a big advocate of this turbo they have seen 1000 rwhp. I am not an innovator with this unit - this is a VERY popular Supra turbo. I was criticized by a lot of the big hp guys for picking a holset without knowing the specs on the unit and I can see the light now - yes the holset served me well but it was not perfect for the application.

This turbo is used a lot by the swedes for their 900 rwhp - 1000 rwhp M50s and such.

It is also the same turbo found on Ulysses (card counter) car @ ICS which dyno 996 rwhp on 2.8L M52. Also used by Cameron (highboostingm3) in his S50B30 Non vanos build that is estimated to be 950+ rwhp when done. These guys are members over at bimmerforums.

They aren't the cheapest they range from 1400 - 1600 usd

meh

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast