GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on a cars

Default Opinions on a cars

I am getting an itch to buy a new (to me car). Here are some choices that I narrowed it down to:
    • 06 Subaru STI
    • 04+ Acura TL
    • 04+ MB E320 or E320D

Opinions?

Right now I am dailing my e34, my commute is about 92miles a day. I put in so much money/time/blood into my e34 (has full suspension setup, 4 piston brakes, turbo, etc). Since I don't have space for two cars, I am really not sure how the e34 fits in this picture as I really don't want to part with it.
    FS: PBR Deluxe rear brake pads [new]

Merc is like joining the dark side... so no.

I have little experience with Acura... But aren't they basically a Honda. Nice cars... but no.

STIs are interesting, but common as dog-****. Going to Japanese after European is going to be a bit of a shock... so no.

KEEP THE E34... She sounds like a beast!! Or get a 3 series!! Stay with the roundel!!

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Hay
    Merc is like joining the dark side... so no.

I have little experience with Acura... But aren't they basically a Honda. Nice cars... but no.

STIs are interesting, but common as dog-****. Going to Japanese after European is going to be a bit of a shock... so no.

KEEP THE E34... She sounds like a beast!! Or get a 3 series!! Stay with the roundel!!
    What turned me away from the newer bimmers is the interior. Its too simple and plasticy. The e34 interior is better. So no to the new bimmer.

I drove a c-class for about a week and I was really impressed by it. The ergonomics were great. I actually started to like the drive by wire system.

How about an Audi? In my opinion VW/Audi have some of the best made and designed interiors that you can get at that price range. A slightly used S4 shouldn't leave you wanting for power either

Better yet, move closer to work... if you get to walking distance you don't need a car and keep the e34

Quote Originally Posted by Anton CH.
    What turned me away from the newer bimmers is the interior. Its too simple and plasticy. The e34 interior is better. So no to the new bimmer.
    Interesting, that's the first time I've heard that, I thought the great advantage of upgrading to a new bimmer was the nicer interior. If I could put the luxury of a new interior design in the E34 exterior, now THAT would be an awesome daily driver!
    _

Quote Originally Posted by BMWDriver
    Better yet, move closer to work... if you get to walking distance you don't need a car and keep the e34
    Haha I wish that was an option. I really do like the e34. And after all the blood and sweat that went into it, I'd hate to let it go. But the idea of being stuck 46 miles away from home frightens me.

Quote Originally Posted by swenpro
    Interesting, that's the first time I've heard that, I thought the great advantage of upgrading to a new bimmer was the nicer interior. If I could put the luxury of a new interior design in the E34 exterior, now THAT would be an awesome daily driver!
    E46/E39 interior is hands down better than e34. I've driven e90 and e60s, and hated the interior. It tries to go for the elegant look but to me it comes off plain and boring. Now MB and Audi really have the ergonomics nailed down.

Quote Originally Posted by we_call_him_doher
    How about an Audi? In my opinion VW/Audi have some of the best made and designed interiors that you can get at that price range. A slightly used S4 shouldn't leave you wanting for power either
    I wouldn't mind owning the twin turbo s4 but I've heard that turbos fail after about 70k miles. Worse is that there are two to replace.

Buy an E38, the last of the good breeds. Interior is gorgeous, and if you get the 740i sport, it will handle better than the e34 I'd assume.
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast