GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Few Question>>

i am also interested in the auto dimming mirror wiring.

Default Few Question>>

1. I just swapped a new used instrument cluster in my car. s/w version 0.97 because the previous one i put it had too many miles, right turn signal light didn't work, gave me TRANS PROGRAM, and odometer light and miles were off. This was a 0.95 version. The only problems I'm having with this new cluster is that the gear selection screen is acting up too but in a different way. E shows up and the second place holder doesn't produce a letter for P. When I switch it to M mode, i get an asterisk(*) instead of an M. When I shift up and down I get D, 2, and an R instead of 1 or 3. Also, this may have something to do with the throttle cable adjustment but according to the cluster, my rev limit is 5000 rpm. I notice the TACH is looking a bit sluggish so it could be the throttle cable.

2. I yanked an Auto-dim rear view mirror from a '94 740i. Jackpot! How do I go about connecting it so it works properly?

3. I also took the sunroof switch because I figured the lights in the switch would still work, but it doesn't light up. What gives?

4. The lights that illuminate the thumbwheel on the center vents, how do I fix it to light up again?

5. About the rear view mirror, can i somehow retro fit one that has the built in compass? just curious.

Anyone?

I found a connector under the headliner that seems to match the auto dim mirror connector but it was a 6 pin connector but has the same color wires so i spliced the wires to use the 8 pin connector that came with the auto dim mirror but it isn't working. any ideas?

2: if yours was so equipped it would be a tiny flat 3 wire plug.

1: did you change the coding plug? Assuming you didin't because the miles are wrong. did you clean the gear selector before condemning the cluster as the problem with trans program?

are you sure #2 is from a GASOLINE car and not a diesel? I'd suggest going back to the prior one, and swapping the bulbs to correct any lights that are out.
    Then swap the coding plug from the original cluster in.

Quote Originally Posted by attack eagle
    2: if yours was so equipped it would be a tiny flat 3 wire plug.

1: did you change the coding plug? Assuming you didin't because the miles are wrong. did you clean the gear selector before condemning the cluster as the problem with trans program?

are you sure #2 is from a GASOLINE car and not a diesel? I'd suggest going back to the prior one, and swapping the bulbs to correct any lights that are out.
    Then swap the coding plug from the original cluster in.

The new cluster came from a 93 525i. My old clusters has so may small electrical problems it was so frustrating. I will try to clean the gear selector again but I dont know if it will do any good.

My car is an 02/89 and there was a pug similiar to the one the mirror requires. Ill post up pictures later

Here are the wires and connectors that came with the mirror...

theres a:

blue/green wire
    brown/orange wire?
    red/purple wire

The connector on the mirror only has 3 needles for the connector that takes 10 pins..
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by ///Sniper535; 02-05-2008 at 06:45 PM.

heres the connector that I found under my headliner. 6 pin female connector.

theres a blue/purple, green and brown wire on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

don't think so...

did you test them for ignition, reverse, and ground ?

no, i don't have a multimeter at hand

The 2nd in #6 is the one that goes into pic 3 !

Just like me, u´ve only got wiring for the electrochromic mirror.. All the other pins are for alarm and IR remote entry!
    Last edited by Bo525i; 02-05-2008 at 07:47 PM.

CD43,Style 21s,K&N Insert,White blinkers,LED 3rd brakelight,HIDs,front Monroe sportsshocks/Weitec 35 springs,540 Calipers, Zimmermann Discs and Textar pads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast