GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Get out and VOTE, Americans!

Buckle up gentlemen, here we go.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Quote Originally Posted by M20Turbo
    What if the mother had been raped? The republicans would make you carry the rapist baby full term, then what?
    that's not true.

so far.
    mccain 96 delegates...
    romney had 77
    huck won 18 today so he's in the 30's
    ron paul 6

we'll see how they do after tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by M20Turbo
    What if the mother had been raped? The republicans would make you carry the rapist baby full term, then what?
    1st she wouldn't have been raped if she was a NRA loving gun tot'n republican.

But since bad things do happen... here's the democratic solution:

Let the rapist out on parole, then sue the rapist for child support, and live on welfare

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob
    1st she wouldn't have been raped if she was a NRA loving gun tot'n republican.

But since bad things do happen... here's the democratic solution:

Let the rapist out on parole, then sue the rapist for child support, and live on welfare
    Lol, no wonder we euros think u americans r wierd God bless ´n good luck with the next president

CD43,Style 21s,K&N Insert,White blinkers,LED 3rd brakelight,HIDs,front Monroe sportsshocks/Weitec 35 springs,540 Calipers, Zimmermann Discs and Textar pads.

"I am convinced Senator McCain is not a conservative, and in fact has gone out of his way to stick his thumb in the eyes of those who are," James Dobson, the founder of Focus on the Family, said Tuesday in a statement to a conservative talk show host who read it on the air. He said he would not vote for McCain "as a matter of conscience," and described McCain as someone with a "legendary temper" who "often uses foul and obscene language." Dobson said he would sit out the general election if McCain was the GOP nominee.

Dobson is a shyster and a moron. I know the guy personally. Rush is against McCain as well... so that's two points in his favor IMO.

Basically at this point, despite liking Huckabee for personal reasons, the choice IMO is a Mormon who can't win the general election because of his politics, religion, and dying his hair, or McCain who isn't beloved by a lot of far right conservatives... but is a more appealing choice for the indies and swing voters (that actually decide general elections) if opposed by Clinton.
    Or voting for Ron Paul who is nothing more than an afterthought in every single poll run to date and who doesn't appeal to moderates of either party or indies.

In the end, it isn't about choosing who you like best... it is about choosing the person who you think has the best chance at winning the general election.
    Last edited by attack eagle; 02-05-2008 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuk in Oz
    Only thing that concerns us is that whoever you ultimately choose affects the rest of the world so much - perhaps all of us on this planet should have a vote in US elections !

if so, i would vote for Mike Gravel.

I find it interesting that after all these years, abortion is the issue that everyone in the States gets their knickers in such a knot about.

Here in Oz, it never gets mentioned. No one cares if a candidate goes to church, is pro choice or pro life or pro anything else.

Only thing that concerns us is that whoever you ultimately choose affects the rest of the world so much - perhaps all of us on this planet should have a vote in US elections !

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

only If we get to run your countries by electing American politicos into your governments.

Alternatively, you can vote in US elections, as soon as you decide to join the collective. We will add your technological and biological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    the post order on this board is still seriously ****ed up and incredibly tedious.
    Yea dude, it's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by attack eagle
    I thnk i'll stay home today...

only new mex dems vote today

ron paul is the 1-2% candidate... he's doing worse than huckabee and is not a contender, ken.
    Ignorance = ...not bliss.
    You'll be surprised about Ron Paul.
    Wait, Mexican Dems? Hmm... Don't phrase it that way, be more specific. I sure hope you're talking about something else.
    If it's what I DONT thing you're talking about, I already know that foreigners without citizenship can get away with voting here. I've seen it done and it works, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuk in Oz
    I find it interesting that after all these years, abortion is the issue that everyone in the States gets their knickers in such a knot about.

Here in Oz, it never gets mentioned. No one cares if a candidate goes to church, is pro choice or pro life or pro anything else.

Not the impression I get, I don't hear much of it and I'm in Oregon. I don't even hear much of it, and I'm really active in the political scene out here. It's more the religious people making a big deal out of it.
    Last edited by CharlesAFerg; 02-05-2008 at 11:43 PM.
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast