GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: best match to bilstien sports

Eibach is good. I have it myself. Vogtland is good by other people. Stay away from BavAuto Springs. M-tech springs is the most comfortable ride... dealer or bmaparts.com

Buy new spring pads when you do the job or you will regret it.

Somebody just installed Vogtland springs... look down on the forum list.

Default best match to bilstien sports

hey i am in the market for springs/shocks and i was curious which spring would be the best match to bilstien sports? i was thinking about eibach springs but since i am new to e34's and i only know about barvarian autosport besides the dealer to get parts. i also need to know what hardwear to get like upper strut mounts ect thanks

how much do vogtland springs cost and how much drop do they have? and where can i get them

Quote Originally Posted by healtoeit
    I'm on the market for new springs/shocks as well. I'm planning to put Bilstein sports and H&R springs. Any pros/cons to H&R?
    thankx
    After 5 different sets I have come to the conclusion that, in Uk and probably US road conditions, fast road use, the best real world combination is Billy`s and Eibach.The only springs that held up in a primative overload test, farm vehicle overloaded for three months, were Eibach, H&R second best but all other makes either gave up,settled or broke, and that includes a "purple" set. Not conclusive but what is? My car runs them and will not bottom out on speed bumps despite being 40mm lower,job done.Who needs adjustables when companies spend a fortune on R&D, unless they are Koni`s with wear adjustment.

Default H&r?

I'm on the market for new springs/shocks as well. I'm planning to put Bilstein sports and H&R springs. Any pros/cons to H&R?
    thankx
    Conforti chip, K&N filter, Racing-dyn sways, EBC pad/rotor, SS brakelines, UUC DSSR, custom sound+alpine receiver, 17" PS2s, H&R/bilsports.
    "Speed is the product of doing everything right"

I have Eibachs in my 525, and they are pretty good in drop and in ride.

Got billies in the front and boge in the rear with no problems.

My ///M5 has M tech and billies all around, just a bit lower then stock, but not as stiff or as low the eibachs.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Default Parts list and sources

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I have Billies and H&R on the Touring. Also have RD sways, and I think the ride is pretty good. Much more "streetable" than the H&R Race Springs and Coilovers I have on my e30s.

Eibachs have a **** reputation with the e30 crowd as they are quite soft for that application. Vogtland - dunno. A lot of the VW guys swear by them.

Aren't the springs included with the Sachs kit made by Eibachs, do they have different spring rates? I don't have them but they look decent in the pictures I've seen of them. It's hard to please the E30 crowd, they want spring rates, I'd rather be more comfortable in an E34. I was asking about the Sachs kit because the E30 guys hate the Eibach Prokit but love the Ireland Engineering springs that are made by Eibach to meet IEs specs.