GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cheap seat cover photos

Default cheap seat cover photos

so i didn't do a proper job ' cause i'll be taking them off again right away but 'bad-manners-god' badly wants to see photos of these cheap seat covers i bought on e-bay.

for my purposes they will be great after some modification, but they are in no way a good permanent solution. it was a rush install i've got tons of other stuff to do and i was working in tight quarters check out that wicked parking job - i couldn't figure out the upper back seat right away but it doesn't have a space for the armrest and looks to be a pita to put on... the elastic straps seriously suck and the stretchy material will tear in no time for sure and there is way to much of it in some places. the 'leather/synthetic material' is actually pretty good though and that part of it fits the seats nicely. the headrest covers are stupid as %$#@. no wonder you get a bonus one. didn't bother with the 'seat belt covers' or the steering wheel cover.

so... not bad for $45 but don't expect miracles - depends what you need them for. for me they are temporary and i'll eventually use the good bits for winter covers. i'd look at other options if you're going to use them as is permanently

a work in progress.... go easy guys...
    Attached Images Attached Images     

check out the p/o(actually the guy before)'s 'repair'. after evidently using his teeth to remove the armrests, he seriously couldn't figure out how to put the back panel back on, so he used tape. what kind of people do this kind of thing???? good thing he never touched the engine lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Are you telling us that the car changed hands twice with that tape on the seat? And no one thought of removing it ?
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    Are you telling us that the car changed hands twice with that tape on the seat? And no one thought of removing it ?
    We like our backs nice and sweaty in Canada

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Quote Originally Posted by bad_manners_god
    F that, those covers aren't a permanent solution....temporary indeed, only if all my windows were limo black, even the front one before I put those on.
    Assuming you asked for the photos..............you're welcome

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Quote Originally Posted by bad_manners_god
    F that, those covers aren't a permanent solution....temporary indeed, only if all my windows were limo black, even the front one before I put those on.
    all covers are a temporary solution.

BMW E34 1992 525i Touring

RIP Touring...probably never going to drive you again...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M
    Assuming you asked for the photos..............you're welcome
    I did ask for photos and Tim knows I appreciate it. Just wasn't what I really expected.

BMW E34 1992 525i Touring

RIP Touring...probably never going to drive you again...

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    yep that's what i'm telling you - the 'S' seat covers were on there the whole time. the guy only had it for a year... he honestly seemed genuinely surprised when we pulled the covers off before i bought it. truth is (blush)... i've been driving around with that tape still on myself lol - i left the seat covers on and you can't notice it - i totally forgot - i don't drive that much and i've had soooo many other issues with the car.

np dude - actually they look a lot better but not great after a day, and i think i maybe put the top of the back on the bottom seat - wtf did i do with those instructions? still- not a good buy if you're looking for decent seat covers that you don't have to mess with. convinced or do you want more pics?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast