GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: strut tower brace

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default strut tower brace

We have a long list of owners interested in a Strong-Strut for their e 34. We are finallygetting close to production and we invite you to check out our other BMW models at our web site. http://www.strong-strut.com
    We would like to put together a group buy with a reduced price on the first production run. You can contact us through the email link on our home page.
    We'll place your name on the "interested list", no obligation at this time.
    Thanks, Paul & the Strong-Strut Team in Arizona.

looks like a great design with the cutouts for the little bulges int he top of the strut towers Im interested
    whats the cost?
    -Mike

Default strong strut

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Son
    looks like a great design with the cutouts for the little bulges int he top of the strut towers Im interested
    whats the cost?
    We will do our best to bring it in as low as we can and still make it a worthwhile project for ourselves. We understand you are driving somewhat older machines as compared to our e 39 and e 46 customers. We would like to get a group buy going on the forum, the more sales we make, the lower we can get the price. On the other hand, our manufacturing costs in most cases exceed the retail price of lower quality strut braces. If we can get around 20 orders, we can offer them at about $325. There is a lot of machining involved since each part starts life as solid billet 6061 aircraft grade alloy that is T-6 hardened for strength. The Strong-Strut is perfectly executed in all respects and the pivotless design allows it to perform much better than the pivoting models offered by others. If you visit our web page and look at the E39 strong strut, the e 34 will be identical. There are close up photo's showing the detail of each part. We do know that once you hold this baby in your hands, you will know you purchased a beautiful top of the line accessory. The "testimonial" pages on our web site are also interesting reading. Our products reach your doorstep with a full 100% satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime guarantee against failure or breakage. If you don't like it when you open the box, send it back and we pay the shipping both ways and give you a prompt 100% refund. When we started 8 years ago with the BMW Z3 crowd there was an initial price issue but once the word got out it didn't take long for "Strong-Strut" to become a household word with BMW drivers. We make them for the Z3's, Z4's , e38, e39,all e36's, e31's,all ///M versions of those and we just got into the Infiniti FX market.

judging from the site, it looks to be around $400.

I'm interested, but that's a bit pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    it looks to be around $400.
    Ouch! I'll just make my own in that case.

Isn't the ideal brace one that does not have adjustment? I think I've read that somewhere... I suppose this is so that it never changes position. I'll just weld it while it's in the car if that's true.

I am curious what the strut brace does to a slow poke 525i. Saddling it with more weight so it is even slower?
    '01 540it, 6/01
    '03 325i 5 speed, 9/02
    '10 535ix. 9/09
    '10 mini 6 speed
    '15 mini countryman 6 speed

Quote Originally Posted by yaofeng
    I am curious what the strut brace does to a slow poke 525i. Saddling it with more weight so it is even slower?
    burn!

I would hope theres no pivot points. Mentioning an adjuster screw doesn't help with that.

1989 11/88, M30B35 175k-miles 535iM
    1988 04/87, M20B27 153k-miles 528e
    1987 01/87, M30B34 126k-miles L6
    Washington D.C

Default strong strut

Quote Originally Posted by Sixdown
    I would hope theres no pivot points. Mentioning an adjuster screw doesn't help with that.
    Great question, there are no pivot points! We came up with a clever design that allows the Strong-Strut to adapt to factory differences in vehicles and still not have a pivot point. If you examine the pictures on our web pages of the e 39 strong strut. you can see the relationship of the parts to one another and how we have eliminated the pivoting. The "adjuster screw" locks the cross bar to the ring blocks and then the 4 jam nuts lock everything into place. The "adjuster screw" in a stainless steel inhex bolt that is 1/2 inch in diameter, you can see close ups at the e39 site. Thanks for asking and for you interest in the Strong-Strut. We might mention that one of the reasons our Strong-Struts have been so popular is the fact that we do NOT have pivot points and the BMW driving community is aware that pivot points on strut braces is a poor, 5 year old design.

Quote Originally Posted by yaofeng
    It will do the same thing it would to any other car... Stiffen the front end through joining the strut towers together in turn reducing chassis flex.
    Conforti chip, K&N filter, Racing-dyn sways, EBC pad/rotor, SS brakelines, UUC DSSR, custom sound+alpine receiver, 17" PS2s, H&R/bilsports.
    "Speed is the product of doing everything right"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast