GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: e39 M5... what do you think?

Default e39 M5... what do you think?

http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/detai...5&adid=7156889

Looks like good condition. Time to make an offer? What do you guys think?

Where to start the offer?

And this? http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/detai...8&adid=7159560

A little more but the interior scheme is nice...
    Last edited by Qube; 08-24-2008 at 02:24 PM.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

That second one looks sweet in black... I'm coming round to the subtle looks of the e39 these days
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Qube View Post
    http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/detai...5&adid=7156889

Looks like good condition. Time to make an offer? What do you guys think?

Where to start the offer?

And this? http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/detai...8&adid=7159560

A little more but the interior scheme is nice...
    its hard to know about these cars.If you go to an m5 board the main complaints seem to be mafs,cps,vanos , clutch wear , oil consumption, and the inability of most dealers to diagnose problems when they occur.Its hard to get a true feeling of how often this actually happens but of course most post on the forums only occur when there is a problem.Parts arent cheap either.In balance if you read most e 34 forums they to seem to be fullkof posts about this broke etc..in reality ???
    Gone but not forgotten

Man, I was going to ask you if you won the lottery or something, but now I see the prices, are they ever cheap. Pretty soon they'll be cheaper than E34 M5's. I like the dark one!

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport View Post
    That second one looks sweet in black... I'm coming round to the subtle looks of the e39 these days
    x1 except for the colour. Silver is good - you dont need to wash it so often. Think the BM auctions in MCR are on Fridays. Do we go M5 or M3 though???
    Oct '00 E46 330i. Feb '92 525i (departed)

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser View Post
    x1 except for the colour. Silver is good - you dont need to wash it so often. Think the BM auctions in MCR are on Fridays. Do we go M5 or M3 though???
    I'll give you that - but for the 5 minutes it is clean the black would look damn fine! And it's m5 every time - it's the dream!
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

i can't speak for m5s but later 540s can work up a hell of a bill at a shop, worked on one a while a 01 540 that looked pretty nice (as in not a run down turd) that he picked up at auction for a little over 7k, over the next two months we took almost another 7k of his money on fairly normal late e39 repairs, bastard snowballed and everything that usually goes wrong did so at the same time, and that wasn't everything as there was still the $1000 water cooled alternator job that was due to fail at any time and in a year or two maybe 500 parts and labor worth of rear suspension due, plus that much or more front suspension work a couple years down the road but he ditched it before that

i can't imagine a m5 is any cheaper, one thing i have read a good bit of places is bmw says a quart of oil per 1k miles is normal and that seems to be common, damn at that rate ya just change the filter 3-4 times a year and are good ta go almost
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

They are cheap because they are off of COPO and people are scared of these cars.

I love them, but I fully realise that repairs can be extremely expensive. Or nothing might break at all. You are rolling the dice, essentially. Ask yourself what your maintenance budget is - can you afford to pay a dealer 7k to repair the engine if you need to? If not, don;t buy the car. If so, then go for it! It's an amazing machine.

The first one is Blue Water. The second is Dark Blue (Monaco?).

I'm leaning toward the second. Going to swing by and check out the latter... first. Blue Water seems 'gay' (excuse me) in such a big car...
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo View Post
    They are cheap because they are off of COPO and people are scared of these cars.

I love them, but I fully realise that repairs can be extremely expensive. Or nothing might break at all. You are rolling the dice, essentially. Ask yourself what your maintenance budget is - can you afford to pay a dealer 7k to repair the engine if you need to? If not, don;t buy the car. If so, then go for it! It's an amazing machine.
    more than that.....
    Gone but not forgotten

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast