GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: What this?

Default What this?

I recently purchased a 1988 535i and quickly purchased a Haynes Repair Manual to learn about all the cool stuff...What it didn't go into was: 1. On the console below the shift lever is a switch. Setting "S", "E", "123". I figured "123" was like down shifting, "E" could be like econony (regular) and "S" was something else. "S" felt like down shifting but why do it on both sides of "E". 2. The Mileage Keypad is "--------UHR" no manual, no directions. The best I can figure out is some cryptic message meaning "U"ltra, "H"ighway, "R"eadout. I push the buttons but nothing sticks and it comes back to "---------UHR". The BMW catalogs, manuals I've look in are stry silent. Is there a link or bimmer school where this religion is taught?

Default -----uhr

sounds like you need to set the clock on the OBC. Your problem with that display may go away after that.

uhr is german for "hour"

S sport? E economy? 1,2,3, kinda self explanatory? that would be my guess....

uhr is german for time or hour.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

There is a good web page somewhere out there, search with Google for "E28 OBC" and you'll find it. It tells you how to set the time and all the tricks with the OBC.
    1992 535i TCD-s2