GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: I'm going to have to quit this filthy habit soon

Default I'm going to have to quit this filthy habit soon

If it doesn't work this time I'm going to the pros but it costs next to nothing to try this and I'm learning all the way.

Last attempt I made two boneheaded mistakes - not cleaning the acid wash off properly and not removing all the clearcoat. Otherwise it worked really well and turned out nice and smooth with a brush - this time I am using a roller - I know most of you guys will shudder but just remember it is not an M5 it is a winter car and will never have perfect paint. After I am done I will get the clearcoat done at a shop.

Right now I'm laying on some POR-15. It is really thick paint and a few coats on the nose might be thick enough so as I don't need to bondo. This paint is really awesome for rust - I wouldn't have known had Dave M not told me so.

hmmm i guess bondo it is...
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by tim eh?; 06-28-2009 at 02:29 PM.

ho hum...

here is how the primer is working out with a roller... i might not get too many coats on today the tennis is too good - come on AR!

hop... skip... stuck.

I had a Toyota, rusted as hell, years ago, that I had repainted black with a roller. Ah, the memories. It was actually better than what it looked like at the start. Didn't cost me much ! But I sure didn't bother with sanding.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWDriver View Post
    I had a Toyota, rusted as hell, years ago, that I had repainted black with a roller. Ah, the memories. It was actually better than what it looked like at the start. Didn't cost me much ! But I sure didn't bother with sanding.
    Yeah it doesn't cost anything but even better the car isn't stuck in a garage and you can do it outdoors and just sand off any mistakes as you go. I think I'm not going to do this again for a long time though as this does take a while.

It's going on pretty nicely this time - all that time sanding is paying off I think. Before the last coat I picked off about twenty stuck bugs with a pair of tweezers but I think I have to stop now and let this guy dry before I sand him off. What kind of stupid bug lands on its back? oh well - the bumper came out nice.

Actually a bucket of water works much better than tweezers to get the bugs off. I gave the nose one more coat - here are the primer coats finished but not sanded.
    There are a few little puddles of water towards the windscreen, it's not the paint. So far, so good!