GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Whats so special about BMW coolant??

lee Guest

Default on the other hand....

unknown states:

<YES, THERE IT IS!!! "Always use genunine BMW coolant or ITS EQUIVALENT". "ITS EQUIVALENT" means anything comparable, right? O.K., enough said...>

It should be noted that PhilipJCaputo was quoting from his *BENTLEY* service manual, not from any "official" BMW source, so take it for what its worth....

Unregistered Guest

Then, could you provide BMW "official" statement that comments on using ONLY BMW coolant.

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    unknown states:

<YES, THERE IT IS!!! "Always use genunine BMW coolant or ITS EQUIVALENT". "ITS EQUIVALENT" means anything comparable, right? O.K., enough said...>

It should be noted that PhilipJCaputo was quoting from his *BENTLEY* service manual, not from any "official" BMW source, so take it for what its worth....

Unregistered Guest

Default you should've kept your rice burner and green coolant

as McEnroe says "you can't be serious!"

Unregistered Guest

“You should've kept your rice burner and green coolant”??? Where did you come across this??? Please be more constructive! You probably don’t know any better…

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Wow, this is unbelievable! I’m trying to find an answer and some people get upset. Why is that? I find this forum to be very useful and answered many of my questions but why would anyone write a negative remark like this guy? Sign of immaturely? Maybe! Do I have a rice burner? NO. Do I use green coolant? Sometimes. You know, people who rip on you like this are the people of ignorance. If you want to be smart, write something more constructive! And yes, I’m serious!

Here's the thread where Tiger and others have a pretty good explanation of coolant differences.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...hlight=coolant
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Unregistered Guest

Thanks for the link, Ramon. However, I didn't find any hard facts that prove one way or the other. Also, people were discussing about the type, NOT brand (BMW). I’ve been using BMW coolant because I presume it to be high quality and NOT because I have no other choices.

Quote Originally Posted by MBXB
    Here's the thread where Tiger and others have a pretty good explanation of coolant differences.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...hlight=coolant

Unregistered Guest

I'm sorry guys, I've just been babbling on because I don't have a clue nor an
    identity.

Thanks for the link, Ramon. However, I didn't find any hard facts that prove one way or the other. Also, people were discussing about the type, NOT brand (BMW). I’ve been using BMW coolant because I presume it to be high quality and NOT because I have no other choices.

Unregistered Guest

Hey, looks who's talking!!! I'm registered and it's Rick L!!! I prefer to use this forum not logged in because it is easier for me to read different threads. So, if you want to criticize my comments, you could do so! IT IS RICK L!!! O.K.
    Grow up!!!

I'm sorry guys, I've just been babbling on because I don't have a clue nor an
    identity.

Unregistered Guest

No wait, I'm just kidding I'm not really Rick L, darn these multiple personalties! I thought I had that under control.

QUOTE=Unregistered]Hey, looks who's talking!!! I'm registered and it's Rick L!!! I prefer to use this forum not logged in because it is easier for me to read different threads. So, if you want to criticize my comments, you could do so! IT IS RICK L!!! O.K.
    Grow up!!![/QUOTE]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast