GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CD43 Business CD Head Unit Installation....

Default Huuuuge effort George

Congrats! Nothing more satisfying than being able to put a long and trying project to rest with successful results. Time to jam some good tunes while cruising for chicks while there is still time left this summer

Scott

Default Agree Micah and Winfred

The HK system is definitely not worth the upgrade. Logic 7 on the other hand is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by MicahO
    With a new BMW Harmon Kardon system in the driveway, I know what Winfred is talking about. It doesn't sound all that bad (and I prefer the exhaust and engine note anyhow). But compared to the Bose/Nissan Surround Sound system in Jen's car.....

Good factory fidelity - nothing better! Enjoy it!

Good to hear from you Scott...been a while. Wasn't that big of an effort really. Most who own these cars...yourself included...have done a whole lot more. Installing an all new aftermarket system including new post amp and speakers is way more work. I think part of the motor head profile is challenge anyway. You have a vision of what you want and enjoy the pursuit of seeking it. The anticipation of installing something new or rebuilding an engine and turning the key for the first time is a thrill we all enjoy.
    As to more important things like rays and chicks...hear ya on that front bro.
    Time to head out to the park and scope out some tight rollerblade buns. Life's short...play hard :-)
    Hope all is well.
    George

Bremen RDM 127

Hi to everyone,

George, the head Unit looks great!

How about putting this radio in my 540i, give your opinion
    here is a simulation of the head unit: http://www.blaupunkt.de/simulations/nydef_en.html

Ken
    540i A

Clean and somewhat unique looking radio...first time I have seen it. I am not a big fan of the credit card feature which purpose is two-fold...one..anti-theft deterrent which doesn't work...theives are known to steal trick radios without the credit card in place or not...and two...two different cards allows for separate programming/radio set preferences between two drivers that share the same car.
    I prefer a radio without these features. The design of the radio is quite novel and clean however unlike many of the busy aftermarket Blaupunkt models which appeal more to the bling bling aftermarket radio segment...and for good reason...they sell more than conservatively styled radios that blend in. Blaupunkt used to set the standard for cleanly designed high end audio. I installed one many years ago in a Corvette. Now that are mostly designing for the tuner market which panders to over the top bells and whistles and fancy graphics.
    George

Amazing and very neat work George..just tell me where did you get this gear handel...........PLZZZZZZZ

Yep, Nice and clean. this radio first appeared in 1997 I think.I really like it. It has a motorised face and many goodies, like 4 individual equalizer, steering whell remote control . Getting a used one to buy with its cd changer. Changer uses optic for audio transfer. It even has an microphone that balances the sound depending on the car interior and you can change the color of the display from green to orange and positive to negative. Making it a perfect match for the BMW orange displays

Ken

Default i have a business unit for sale if anyone wants one...

hey everyone, I am selling my business head unit out of my e34. I didnt have to do any conversion, so i would assume that any one who has an e34 could just plug and play. it looks just like george's and fits perfectly. $300 plus shipping, let me know if anyone is interested.

chris
    94 530it

Chad, Circle BMW now sells the E-38 shaft and knob I believe separately to perform the conversion. This is a very nice tasteful upgrade to replace the dated T-handle which I was never a fan of on automatic cars. Give them a call. The archives may even contain the part numbers.
    A good price for your radio Chris if it is a CD43..a couple of variants out there. Maybe plug and play after 91 but have to be careful as BMW did reassign the pins on the common connector around '94 time frrame so only very late E-34's like your car would be plug and play. Prior to '91 like my car...completely different ballgame as BMW did not use the common connector. In any event the radio can be connected.
    George

Default george, yep...its just like yours...and...

can i get the leather shifter you have on my e-34? i hate the t shifter, and have been looking for a leather covered one. but seing yours i realize that i should just change designs completely.

chris
    1994 530it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast