GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: E34 1994 LKM or LCM where is it?

Default E34 1994 LKM or LCM where is it?

Hi Guys,

I am trying to locate the LKM on my 1994 car as I have the usual low beam problem but its not in the drivers side kick panel as shown on the BMW.net site. I have looked everywhere under the dash to no avail, does anyone know where it is on my model year, its a 525 TDS. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

The LKM is a long narrow relay box...not to be confused with the Check Control Module next to it....both located in the main fuse box under the hood. To remove it for re-soldering, you will likely have to pull up harder than your common sense suggests....the nature of the beast.
    HTH,
    George

Hi George, thanks for the reply, I have checked the main fuse box, there are about a dozen relays in there as well as the long bank of fuses but no LKM or CCM. Any thoughts?

Peter

the 850 doesn't have it under the fuse box cover either, its probably under the computer box cover (other side of the hood) or somewhere to be determined.......will go look it up if its not with the engine computer.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

interesting...well then as Ryan suggested...check the DME electronic box which cover is secured with screws on the other side of the engine compartment. The LKM is marked so you really can't mistake it. Where I would look next.
    Good Luck,
    George

it might not be under there, i had to leave after i told the guy to check in the fusebox. he opened it, and I looked and couldn't find it there. i didn't want him to go through the trouble of unscrewing the other side if i had to leave.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

any help would be much appreciated, I really need to get the lights fixed