GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: i need help with a door handle.....

Default i need help with a door handle.....

my 1995 540i/a drivers door handle keeps sticking in the up position, we sprayed it with lithium greese in the cracks, then we removed the plug on the edge of the door & sprayed it there. after playing with it for 20 minutes i am sure it is the handle itself. is there a way to fix my handle or do i need to replace it? if i need to replace it does anyone have one for sale. i am concerned if i buy a new one it will not match the other original faded handles.
    thanks
    tim s.

Not only that... your keys would not match. Take the door handle out and fix it... your metal door handle probably been bent out of shape... easy to bend back.

Default wouldn't the lock be removable???

thanks
    tim s.

it's easy to swap the lock cylinder, drive out a pin on the backside remove the parts one at a time cleaning and oiling them, just assemble in order

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Not only that... your keys would not match. Take the door handle out and fix it... your metal door handle probably been bent out of shape... easy to bend back.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

ahh... I didn't know that. When I took it out... I was like "****" integrated.

Default Does the handle

contact the trim when the handle is in the fully u position?You will see plenty of scratches on the back of the handle itself.If this is the reason(ie the handle binds against the trim) you need to pull the trim off(pull out the plug on the back of the door and with a long screwdriver tap the latch forward which releases the trim.You then need a torx bit andloosen the screws which hold the handle asembly in place and lower it a fraction......assembly is the reverse, but you need to make a hooked wire to pull the latch back to secure the trim.
    Gone but not forgotten

I think handles stick because it is bent out of whack... these BMW handles are very flimsy metal.