GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: what do you do if the radiator bleed screw is stripped? is it a do-it-yourself fix?

Default what do you do if the radiator bleed screw is stripped? is it a do-it-yourself fix?

Dealer did this two years ago so it' sout of warenty and it's started leaking again.

If it's a do it yourself fix, please let me know how or point me to web link.

Many thanks.

if the head just snapped off sometimes theres a little of the + left on it and if your careful you can back it out with a sharp screw driver like a small flat blade, sometimes you can heat up a screwdriver point and push it into the remains of the plastic screw and back it out, if all else drill a hole in it and use a easy out. i've never seen a hole actually stripped out on the top of a bmw radiator the head pops off of the screw before you get enough torque on it
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default bleed screw, screws in and out fine - no stripping but it leaks

bleed screw, screws in and out fine - no stripping but it leaks from around the screw when it's hot.

probably need a new o-ring, most parts stores should have enough stuff in stock to have something that'll fit

Quote Originally Posted by notesguy
    bleed screw, screws in and out fine - no stripping but it leaks from around the screw when it's hot.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Dealer did this two years ago so it' sout of warenty and it's started leaking again.

If it's a do it yourself fix, please let me know how or point me to web link.

Many thanks.
    If you mean the threads on the radiator , it happened to me about 6 months ago. I did not have to replace the whole radiator but my mechanic had to replace the plastic expantion tank.

darron
    [IMG][/IMG]

yeah if your threads are ok then its like Winfred said a new o-ring, I think it a new bleed screw with the o-ring was like 5-7 bucks from the dealer.

darron
    [IMG][/IMG]