GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: //M Homecoming

Default //M Homecoming

at 8:12 pm CST..... For the first time in 2004.... Presenting.....

My baby is home.... and she has never looked better. Literally.

Only to leave out again at 5:30 tomorrow for the track.

I'm putting some pictures toegther and should have them up in the next 30 minutes.
    -Matt P
    '99 540iT

Default Photo-Log of today's Events pics #1

About 3:00 this afternoon I arrived at Classic BMW in Richardson to pick up my M5 Touring. In addition to taking care of some additional mechanical work that it needed (fan clutch, door actuator, mirror switch, brake fluid flush, new rear tires, alignment, missing clip, twisted seat belt, and tech inspection for tomorrow's BMW CCA driver education event), the detail department went at it with major paintless dent removal, paint touchup, clay bar treatment, and a full detail inside and out.

Anyway, here is the car as they pulled it up to me.

Dang... It is looking like a whole new car. shiny, Shiny, SHINY

The man behind the car is Pat Arnold, service advisor, Dinan rep, and diehard BMW enthusiast. For people like us, he is the only service advisor I would recommend using at this dealership.

Josh, one of the you guys working there, was real fond of the M5T and got into an argument with one of the other services advisors who insisted.. quote "I've been working with BMWs for 20 years and BMW *NEVER* made an M5 Wagon". Right about now Josh has called him over here to show him what is under the hood.

*PLOINK*

I think that noise was a disbelieving service advisor's jaw hitting the ground. ;-)

Oh no! A last minute problem with the front seat (motor cable) requires a quick trip back into the service bay. After an hour passes, Pat drives the M5T back to the drop-off/pick-up, this time really ready to go.

Pat refuses to let me take possession until all smudges have been removed.

Now, on around back for some more photos before running errands to get ready for tomorrow's track event.
    -Matt P
    '99 540iT

Default Pictures of the newly restored M5T (big) #1

The detail department at Classic did a fantastic job making my M5 Touring look great.

When I got home and parked, my wife stuck her head out the door into the garage. The first thing she asked was "Did you have them repaint the car???".

Remember, this car has sat outside in the Texas sun much of the last 8 months (dash and windows covered fortunately). Looking at the hood or roof, you could not tell it today....

To minimize detail loss, I did not size reduce these images, though I did crop them.

more to follow
    Last edited by Matt P; 08-07-2004 at 12:46 AM.
    -Matt P
    '99 540iT

Default Pictures of the newly restored M5T (big) #2

The detail department at Classic did a fantastic job making my M5 Touring look great....

more to follow....
    -Matt P
    '99 540iT

Default Pictures of the newly restored M5T (big) #3

The detail department at Classic did a fantastic job making my M5 Touring look great.

Tomorrow, I go to the track and get it all dusty and dingy again ;-)

I had some dreams, they were clouds in my coffee.
    Clouds in my coffee...

more to follow...
    -Matt P
    '99 540iT

Default Pictures of the newly restored M5T (big) #4

For some reason the camera flash make the seat leather look much more worn than it actually appears to a person.

That's it for now. Feedback is always welcome.
    -Matt P
    '99 540iT

Great pics Matt! Congrats on getting your car back...that baby has had the works. Love your garage...wish I had a 3 stall...only way to go if not more. A question about the ride of your car compared to the other Bimmers you own. Looks like you have the factory correct painted M//'s on your M5T versus say the turned/brushed M//'s that came on an E-38...further adds to the distinctive look of those wheels on the car. How is the ride of your M5T compared to the other Bimmers you own with a more generous sidewall. Not a straight up comparison I understand with your M5T having EDC but wondered if you felt the ride was overly stiff with so little a side wall.
    Thanks.

That is one beautiful car!
    Chuck Erdman
    1990 525im
    1992 525ia
    1988 M3 (my baby)

<speechless>

Please let me know if you ever come to austin in the M5T

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

*drool*

That should be labeled NWS. Pretty car, Matt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast