GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Midwest E34 Meet Panoramic (photo by Nathan Strup)

Default A great time and thanks to our organizers!!

It was great to see everyone again and what a grand turnout!
    Jr's M5 was its usual immaculate self (unlike Jr of course ) and looking like a winner except for a slight "lack of hygeine" in the trunk !!

Thanks to Brandon, Stephanie, Scott, Jill, Ed and everyone that put this great event together!

Scott, as we chatted on the way out....let's schedule a Fall "Oktoberfest" of our own at a local Micro-Brew/ hostelry! We have to make sure that young Josh is still able to attend and has a driving license though

I am a little worried as I followed him (lagging a little behind though !!!!) down the road and that Blue Meanie certainly hauls tail I can tell you... watch out for the other "Blue Meanies" Josh!

I have some pictures at home and will forward them on to Scott for posting.....Oh and Brandon.....check out how GOOD your engine compartment looks in the photo I took for you!!! You owe me big time buddy...you don't even have to detail it..now you can just show people the picture instead of opening up the hood
    Thanks again everyone......

All the best
    "Uncle" Phil C
    2011 Kia Optima EX-P.
    Former owner of a 95 525i 5spd. "The GQ" aka A Shark in sheeps clothing
    03 R1150RT 6spd. "DaRTth"
    00 R1100R 5spd. "LeRoy"

Default Thanks to all for coming out.......

I will note that all of Uncle Phil's threats to bring his motorcycle were in fact idle threats. He caved in to peer pressure and brought the GQ

Quote Originally Posted by philbyil
    It was great to see everyone again and what a grand turnout!
    You are right though Phil, Jr's trunk was a bit littered......I wonder if those plaques and trophies for "best in show" will ever collect dust as most trophies are intended to......I doubt it

Some cool cars in attendance for sure. Everyone has done their own thing to their cars and it is cool to see everyone's take. Everyone also knew quite a bit about their cars and there is ALWAYS something new to learn when we get together.

Very cool to see guys from MI, IN, and WI for coming out, and there a lot of new faces. I think next year we will bill it as the E34 Great Lakes Meet.

We missed Ed and his two E34s, Paul P with his touring, MarkD, and David Chen. I believe next year we can make it to 30 cars easily.....

Pics to come.....

Default Purdy cool. Looks like fun!

Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

Guys, I had a lot of fun. Glad to see everyone. Some new faces and cars. Everyone was very well educated about the e34s this year so we spent more time talking instead of going in and out, inpsecting every detail of every vehicle. It just goes to show how effective this board is in educating the e34 community.

Phil, sorry you had to leave so soon. We will plan an earlier time next year for the photo shoot. You can e-mail me the pic of my engine photoshopped clean. I bet it will give me inspiration to clean it up.

It was a lot of fun and you bet there will be another one next year. It will be bigger and better. The brats were very good too!
    Brandon J

Now that looks like a whole lot o'fun!
    Who is the proud owner of the Green E34 , 5th from left to right? All cars look great,especially Jr's !
    Mike

mikey535im...........1991 535im , Schwarz , H&R/Boge gas ,17" Style 10's , EAT Chipped :eek: Colorful Colorado

Thanks to everyone for such an excellent time. Jr's M5 is even more unreal in the flesh. !
    1991 535i + EAT + Sachs + MTech Sways =

Cool, you guys got 20 E34's. Yeah, next year we'll have to try for 30, particularly with my additional 2 plus Mark and Paul. We'll be there.

Paul P couln't make it either? OK, I don't feel as bad then. Next year we'll have to set the date for the get together even earlier so I can "book it'.

Looks like you all had a lot of fun. The pics look great. I love the idea of the pic with the hoods open. Awsome, the bar has been raised. We'll have to come up with an even better pic idea for next year.

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

Default Anyone recognize the guy on the "sidelines"???

The guy on the right, hmmm. Don't mind him, he is just full of himself

Ed, I'll get the permit even earlier this time (as if 5 months wasn't early enough, I'll make it 6). That should be enough time for you to think of some clever photo ideas.

For those who took pics, could you send me a few. I didn't have a digital for the meet and couldn't get one in time. Thanks.
    Brandon J

Hey whose is the green one with the phat wheels? What kind of wheels are those and where do you get em? They look kinda like a wheel I saw on Ebay at a good price. Am I right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast