GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: CD Changer Help - Again

Default CD Changer Help - Again

Well, I actually have CD tunes in the 525i finally - sort of. I have installed an AC Delco branded Pioneer CDX-M61. I get tunes, can switch between discs, etc. But I only have one channel - sort of. If I tune the balance all the way left - very weak sound only. Seems the right channel only is functioning. I am accepting suggestions as to why. I am using a rather long and bundled up data cable and a BMWPIO connected to the wiring harness in the trunk.

i've not run into that one yet in all of my mixing of changers and radios

Quote Originally Posted by all2kool
    Well, I actually have CD tunes in the 525i finally - sort of. I have installed an AC Delco branded Pioneer CDX-M61. I get tunes, can switch between discs, etc. But I only have one channel - sort of. If I tune the balance all the way left - very weak sound only. Seems the right channel only is functioning. I am accepting suggestions as to why. I am using a rather long and bundled up data cable and a BMWPIO connected to the wiring harness in the trunk.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

your pos and neg speaker wires are mixed up...need my kid to figure out the proper phasing for you?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

As I never messed with any speaker wires - that ain't it. A slightly loose data connection to the changer was the answer. I now have CD Tunes in Stereo! The final configuration for the 525i was an AC Delco branded Pioneer CDX-M61 6-Disc CD Changer. I used a rather long (12ft) data cable and a BMWPIO. I bundled the data cable up and used a bungie cord to secure it in the trunk. The power plug on the changer had to be cut and spliced as it didn't match the power connection in the trunk. What an ordeal this has been.

Default CMX-M61 with CM5908 Help

Help!

I cant seem to get the tuner (CM5908 ) to switch to CD mode. This setup was already installed in the veicle when I bought it although the data cable from the CD changer was not plugged into the back of the tuner.

The changer has power and loads the radio works but I don't know how to get the radio into CD mode?

Thanks

hit the band button like switching from am to fm, cd will be one of the choices

Quote Originally Posted by OneWire
    Help!

I cant seem to get the tuner (CM5908 ) to switch to CD mode. This setup was already installed in the veicle when I bought it although the data cable from the CD changer was not plugged into the back of the tuner.

The changer has power and loads the radio works but I don't know how to get the radio into CD mode?

Thanks
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it