GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: calling all NY/NJ/CT people: interest in a tech session?

Default calling all NY/NJ/CT people: interest in a tech session?

I'm not sure how many of you are members of the NY chapter of the CCA but I just got the monthly letter and there was an advertisement in it for a independent in Mt. Vernon, NY called Euromeccanica (no affliliation) who allows owners to come in and work on their cars and/or learn from a pro how to do some of the work themselves... anyway, this was very appealing to me since i could stand to learn a thing or two. so i called to see if it would be possible to bring the car in on a weekend, unfortunately it isnt. HOWEVER, the owner was a pretty nice guy and suggested that if there was enough interest he would be happy to have a tech session on a sat. covering some of the problems that we all have w/ these cars. I'm sure a nominal fee would be involved, but I'm just trying to gage interest in something like this. to see if its worth pursuing. Since i'm no pro, I found the idea of getting some guidance from one pretty appealing and thought that some others here might appreciate it too. so let me know and i'll see what i can do.
    J

Default bump

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    I'm not sure how many of you are members of the NY chapter of the CCA but I just got the monthly letter and there was an advertisement in it for a independent in Mt. Vernon, NY called Euromeccanica (no affliliation) who allows owners to come in and work on their cars and/or learn from a pro how to do some of the work themselves... anyway, this was very appealing to me since i could stand to learn a thing or two. so i called to see if it would be possible to bring the car in on a weekend, unfortunately it isnt. HOWEVER, the owner was a pretty nice guy and suggested that if there was enough interest he would be happy to have a tech session on a sat. covering some of the problems that we all have w/ these cars. I'm sure a nominal fee would be involved, but I'm just trying to gage interest in something like this. to see if its worth pursuing. Since i'm no pro, I found the idea of getting some guidance from one pretty appealing and thought that some others here might appreciate it too. so let me know and i'll see what i can do.
    J

Default I'm in! please let know the address.. i'm in BRONX, N.Y

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    J

I'd show up for something like that! (CT)

King Of NYC

I'd consider the topics and fees first.
    '91 535iM - SOLD

'01 325iM - PP . SP . CWP . HK . SSK . ZHP springs . Konis . M3 strut bar . OEM sirius and aux . TMS sways

Default I initially called re: valve adj. in an M30...

If we could get 5 or 6 people that are interested in learning how do this it would be 50 bucks/ head according to the owner. he also said we can supply our own gaskets. He will show us how its done either on one car or a cyl head that is off a car and then oversee the work we do on our own cars. He said that valve adjustment is very similar for big and small sixes and even the 4cyl up to 91. Yes, it does seem strange to pay someone while you are doing the work, but you will have access to the proper tools and workspace and more importantly (IMO) learning the procedure so that you can do it over again yourself. Again, I'm just trying to guage interest to see if it is worth pursuing, if anyone has any other topics they would like to address please feel free to share.

Default thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil
    I'd consider the topics and fees first.

hey more info please!